So close

Ricks p.o.v
    All I could see was a body with several deep cuts along their body but his face was the worst part of it all his jaw was slanted with his tongue hanging out but for some reason I felt like I might know this guy but I can't pin point it until tomorrow morning, I tear my eyes away from that body and look at the other one who is a woman and she had a deep cut wound from her chest I knew it was Zoe's mom, I turn around and pull out my phone.
"911 what's your emergency?"
"There was a struggle between three people and now two are dead and the other one is injured but I patched her up."
"Alright we'll send them straight away just don't touch the bodies."
"Yes ma'am I'll be in the house" once I got that settled I went back to the house with a heavy heart because I know that I know that person but his face is to destroyed to tell.
I get back to the house and check on Zoe, she's still asleep with a grimace on her face I sigh and rest my hand on her arm, (please be ok) I sigh as I look around the room how is she gonna live by herself?  I feel her move slightly and I immediately look at her and she slowly sits up and looks around until she sees me.
    "What's going on? Where is he!? Where is that bastard!" She looks furious and I hug her just glad to see her yelling again I can't believe I missed it that much.
    Zoe's p.o.v
    I froze in place once he wrapped his arms around me and I slowly put my arms on his back and rest my head on his shoulder,exhausted but happy just to have him by my side, I pull back slowly and look at his eyes while my heart started to beat out of my chest for some reason...what is this feeling?
    *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*
    I flinch at the loud sound and immediately pull back and stare at my door before I could do anything Rick got up and went to the door and opened it showing two police officers both males, probably early twenties maybe they definitely look like they could break up any fight without breaking a sweat. I look at Rick who's just smiling at the men and gesture for them to sit down on the couch and so they came...
    "Hello, Zoe correct?" I nod my head, "well your friend called us about a er dispute that you had with someone is that correct." I nod again, "alright well can you tell us how this went about?"
   I take in a deep breath and let it out, "we were going to discuss some stuff that he did before but when I accused him he got mad and the argument went from yelling to.... attacking which led to his death and if my mother wasn't there to help me I would be dead....but instead of me, she is." I lean over and cry softly on Ricks shoulder as he holds me.
    "We're sorry you had to go through that but if this did happen where's the blood on your clothes?"
    I look down and notice that I'm wearing different clothes then I look up at Rick who's blushing and I suppose the officers understood and cleared their throats, "where did u put those clothes sir?"
    "Back there." Once they left I look at Rick and hit his shoulder, " You UNDRESSED me!!!"
    He chuckles and grins, "I had to there was just so much blood and I was scared" he pauses to tuck some hair behind my ear, "scared you were hurt." The way how his palm felt against my cheek made me calm as I lean into his hand as we stare at each other

Lol ima leave this as a cliff hanger 😋