Mask

ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ’ᴛ
sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇ
ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇ
ɪ ᴄᴀɴ’ᴛ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇss
sᴏ ɪ’ᴍ ᴘᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴍᴀsᴋ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
ʙᴜᴛ ɪ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

─────

"We will have a 1-1 study session since exams are coming up. I don't want you students in 4 or more groups because i know that you don't study, hanging around with your iPhones all day. " the teacher explained looking at a group of four students. Chaeyoung released a small smile cause it's blackpink,you can't split them up. "For more fun,i will be the one to pick your partners " she clasp both of her hands as the students groan in the backround. Ms. Kang recited everyone's name except for Chaeyoung and you guessed it.

Chaeyoung nodded not saying a word,not sparing even a short glance at Mina.

─────

The door made a creaking sound as the two of them entered the apartment. Mina looked around as the air feels different.

Different,just like Chaeyoung.

"I.. I guess you moved out.. " she mumbled looking around as silence engulfed them. The apartment was too big for one person, and the furniture looks expensive. The apartment was not Chaeyoung's type of home and Mina doesn't know why she lives here.

The feeling is different.

"The door on the left. " Chaeyoung's voice echoed from the kitchen.

Mina sat on the bed setting her things down still mesmerized and confused while looking around. Chaeyoung's works of arts are posted on the wall with various colors. Mina smiled,maybe she never changed..

"What subject should we start with?" Chaeyoung's voice distracted Mina into looking at her with soft eyes.

"I.. I don't know. "

"Math. " she spoke up.

─────

Chaeyoung put her pen down and side eyed Mina. She looks like she was struggling with that one problem.

"You have to divide the denominator to get the value of x" she held the other girl's hand guiding her to write the equations,the other one was taken back at Chaeyoung's action.

"T-thanks.. " she put the pen down with a flushed face,Chaeyoung was backhugging Mina her chest pressed against her back.

The tension building between the two of them was intense,eyes never breaking in contact. The younger one detached herself from Mina clearing her throat as she felt the akward tension between the two of them.

"Chaeng-" she coughed pretending to clear her throat. "Chaeyoung-ah" the said girl looked down to her humming.

"Thanks.. " she hummed once again. Once again silence took over the two of them as Chaeyoung came back to her desk breaking contact disappointing the girl below her.
"Hey Chaeyoung.." the younger girl continued scribbling on her notes. Mina felt like a wall with a backpack seperating the two of them, she felt ignored. "Do you hate me? " Chaeyoung slammed her pen on her notebook startling Mina,she rubbed her eyes looking tired.