Can't Get Enough Of You (7)

Start from the beginning

  I nod and smile. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just a bit dizzy." Ben carries me bridal style and sets me down on the couch. I laugh at his protectiveness and give him a big hug.

  "You just stay there and relax. I'll go get you some water," he says. I smile and sit down on the couch.

  "Okay, let's go watch a movie!" Jesse yells. Everyone cheers and runs to the home theater. Ben walks over to me and looks down at me.

 "Carry me?" I say innocently while giving him my best puppy dog eyes. He groans and bends down to carry me. I rope my arms around his neck and wrap my legs around his waist as he walks to the theatre and sits down on one of the chairs. Hehe, puppy dog eyes always work! No one can say no to my puppy dog eyes. 

  I sit on his lap and watch as Brenda makes out with Ross. Ew! That's just gross! And in my house! Really?! Eww! I sneeze and it breaks me out of my thoughts. I relax after I'm done and rest my head on Ben's shoulder. But then I sneeze again. And again. And again. Three sneezes that's it right? Nope! I just have to sneeze 6 times! Six! Six freaking times!

   "Are you okay?" Ben whispers. 

  I nod. "Yeah. I'm fine." But then I start coughing. Everyone stares at me if I'm okay. I look over to Brenda and she has a smug grin on her face.

  "You okay sis?" Evan and Cassidee ask. I nod but Ben doesn't think so. He puts a hand on my forehead and then my throat.

 "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Penelope you have a fever," he says. "How do you feel?"

  "I'm coughing, and sneezing, and I'm dizzy, and it's kind of hard for me to breath right now and I'm really itchy," I say worried.

 "Uh oh. Penny, that only happens when you smell or come in contact with Bush Daisies," Cassidee says.

 "Bush dasies? But how did I come in contact with bush daisies?" I ask looking at her.

 "I don't know. Did you touch or smell any flowers or anything?" Rydel asks.

"No I don't think so. Well no Brenda gave her a buquette of flowers earlier," Ben says. My nose gets clogged and I start breathing through my mouth. 

 "I'll go get her, her medicine," Evan says running out of the room.

 "I'll check the buquette," Cassidee says and I nod. My vision blurs again and i close my eyes.

 "I'll go take her up to her room," I hear Ben say and before I could protest I'm being lifted and carried up the stair case and to my bedroom. He lays me down on the bed and wraps the blanket over me. I could hear my bedroom door creek open. A pair of footsteps come over to me and tap me on the shoulder.

  "Penny, here. Take the medicine and then rest," Evan whispers. I open my eyes and sit up. He holds a glass of water and some pills in front of me. I reach out to take the two items. I toss the pill into my mouth and swallow it down with the water. I lie back down and close my eyes. Sleep takes over and I enter my dream world.

                        ~Ross' POV~

   The guy who I saw dancing with Penelope the other day, picked her up and took her to her bedroom.  What was his name again? Brad? Baily? Ben? Ben! Yeah that's it. I hate that guy. I don't particularly know why but I just hate him! 

   After a few minutes I went up to her bedroom to check up on her. "Cassidee is she going to be okay?" I asked her as she quietly closes Penelope's bedoorm dorm.

  "Yeah. Yeah. She'll be fine. She's been through far worst than this the last time this happened," Cassidee said.

  "You do know that it was an accident right? Brenda feels really bad about it and she didn't even know that Penelope was allergic to bush daisies!" I say, defending Brenda. Cassidee shakes her head and crosses her arms over her chest.

  "Look, Ross I need to tell you something about Brenda. Brenda has known Penelope, Evan and I for 7 years. She went to a different school than us so you didn't even know she existed. Brenda was our dads' boss' daughter. And she was a brat. She was mean to us and called us names and bullied us when our parents weren't paying attention to us. Penelope and Brenda became arch enemies. Brenda would take a lot of things from Penelope and also ruin things that she liked. Since Brenda knew us for such a long time, she knows a lot about us. Like our favorite foods, our weaknesses, our dreams, things that we loved the most and other things. Brenda knows that Penelope's allergic to bush daisies. And she did that because she wanted to ruin Penelope's night," Cassidee explained. 

   I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "No. No! Brenda would never do that! She nice, cute, and caring! She couldn't hurt a fly!" 

 "Fine. Don't believe me. But don't go say I didn't warn you when she ruins your friendship with Penelope."