Day 11

Decoration Mishaps

A Christmas Play was planned by your Student Council, revolving around the theme of Christmas: The Time for Giving Love and Sharing Smiles with Everyone. You and your best friend, Stella, were both on the props and decorating team.

You were the leader of the decorations because of your keen eye for colors and knowing the perfect arrangement and color patterns to attract the viewers more. You were helping in painting the snowflakes and gingerbread house, "Stella, can you get us some more paint?"

She nods with a smile and goes to the storage of the auditorium. This is where the play would be produced, a large room that could at least a hundred or more audience.

"Y/N! Is this alright?" You turn around and smiled at the sight of finished Nutcracker Soldier, painted with its classic colors and styled beautifully. It was also life size, "That's great, Fred!" He grins at her, "Thanks, Y/N." Thomas replied with a toothy grin as he helped Fred move the life-size Christmas decoration.

You smiled back, feeling blood rushing to your round cheeks. He's so adorable. Shaking away the thoughts of the dazzling smile of Thomas Sangster yet her mind still conjured images of the man.

Thomas Sangster, my crush since 1st year. And now we're at our last year but I still didn't confess my real feelings for him. Probably because I know he wouldn't like me back, because why would he?

He's gorgeous, good in basketball, kind, charming and also studious. Thomas is our Top 2 in class, I'm the Top 1. Still, I'm not the sexy and gorgeous girls that he'll like.

His exes were either very beautiful or very famous but all ended up in burning flames. The relationship, not the girls, thankfully. Almost everyone in school finds him very attractive, I mean who can blame us?

He had a pair of almond brown eyes that shines brightly when he's very happy and excited. He had a quite thin frame but his arms say otherwise, all toned and veiny. His always messy but always perfect dirty blond hair that looks so soft, making me want to ruffle it and run my hands through it.

The chiseled jaw that could cut like glass or any metal. And of course, my favorite, his ever-bright smile. Showing his perfect pearl white teeth, gleaming brightly. He was perfect and I wanted him, but I was contented in loving him silently even though I know I get nothing from doing this.

You painted the gingerbread house wall carefully in a single direction stroke, not wanting to make a smudge or dirt. "Need help?" A voice asks causing you to jump a little and look back at Thomas, who was smiling widely.

Ignoring the fire on your cheeks, "Sure." You make space for him as he does the same like you. He's beside me. Oh my god. Heart! Stop beating so damn rapid! We're not participating in a marathon!

"So, what's your favorite thing in Christmas?" Thomas asks you while attentively painting the details on the wall of the gingerbread house. You look at him, smiling at his focus, "I guess besides the obvious fact of getting a break from school, hot chocolate and coffee?"

Thomas grins and looks back at you, "Do you like your hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows?" Your eyes twinkled brightly causing him to smile widely, "Yes! Oh my god! I love marshmallows! Especially when they're floating up!! Then drinking it and chewing at the soft white pillows that humans created."

You said with such interest and passion making Thomas laugh, "I guess you're very passionate about hot cholate and marshmallows." With a sheepish smile, "Yes, I am." Thomas smiles, "What if I treat you with a cup sometime, is that okay?"

Is he asking me on a date? Oh my god. You smile, "Very okay." He grins and continues with his work leaving you thinking and blushing, It's not a date. Just a friendly and platonic moment for the two of us, drinking hot chocolate and telling stories. Yes, a friendly meet up. That's all. Internally, you facepalmed and screamed loudly.

Stella was helping you in setting up the Christmas tree prop, connecting each part of the artificial tree and attaching it firmly with each other. "Did you notice that Thomas would stare at you from time to time?" Your cheeks burned red, "What?! No, he doesn't."

"Look! He's staring at you right now!" Stella retorted while you shot her a stern look, "Hush. We're already busy with the tree, focus on it." She pouts at you, "Fine. Fine. You were probably thinking of how his lips taste." Your eyes widened and with a blushing face, "Stella!" and exclaimed at her, who was giggling lightly.

"I'll just get the Christmas ornaments." You told Stella who nods while adjusting the screws and bolts at the bottom of the tree. Walking towards the stage, you pass by Thomas and Fred who were putting the finishing touches at Rudolph.

"Thomas, you're totally smitten by, Y/N huh?" He looks at him weirdly, "What? No. We're just friends." Fred rolled his eyes, "Oh don't tell me that, you obviously like her! Probably you're thinking of kissing her lips."

Thomas blushes, "Fred, damn it. Don't say stuff like that. She's pretty and smart and kind. She's perfect." He smiles at Thomas, who was frowning at him, "Perfect... for you?"

He shakes his head in dismay causing Fred to laugh loudly. Well, I don't know. I don't even deserve her, I think. Thomas continued painting the body of Rudolph while Fred fixed the sleigh attached to it.

"Hey, Tommy. Think you should help her." Fred said while looking behind Thomas. He turns around and smiles at the sight of you, jumping a bit and trying but failing to reach the box on top of the shelf.

Thomas puts down the paint brush and can of paint, wiping his sweat then goes to you.

Damn it. Why am I so short and these stupid decorations are on top of the shelf?! You thought with a frown while jumping once again but only slightly touching the edge of the box.

"Need help?" A heavy accented voice asks making you turn around, "Thank you! Thomas." Your face lit up like a Christmas tree as Thomas stretched his arms, reaching for the box on top.

Wow. His arms. You were staring at his arms, blush adorning your face when you looked down and saw something that made your eyes wide.

There was a spider at the bottom of the shelf, walking slowly towards the two of you. "Ahhh! Spider!" You jumped and unconsciously clung on to Thomas, pushing him away from the spider.

"Y/N, H-H-Hey!" Thomas was able to get the box but because of you suddenly pushing, he pulls it out of the box causing to fall on the two of you.

The spider made its way behind the shelf while you sighed in relief still clinging on to Thomas. "Ahh!" You screamed a bit, Christmas decorations falling on your head.

You felt a tinsel wrap around the two of you. You look at Thomas and blushed, a mistletoe was on his head and sock was on his shoulder. Your arms were around his neck while his own arms were unconsciously wrapped around your waist.

The two of you made eye contact, a blush spreading on both of your cheeks. "You have a mistletoe on your head. Not that we need to follow the tradition but you see we—"

A pair of lips pressed onto yours, making your eyes widen. You shift your gaze at Thomas, closed eyes and kissing you passionately. This is not a dream. Still attached to him like a koala, you kiss back with equal passion.

Wow. Too subtle. Stella and Fred chuckled at their best friends, having their first kiss in front of the whole decorations and props team of the play.

A/N: Update spree because your alright writer became too absorbed with Christmas break. Enjoy reading!! Hope you all like it! :)