Day 10

Angel

"Merry Christmas!!" Thomas Sangster and his friends cheered while clinking their beer bottles then laughing cheerfully. He continued chatting with his friends, "So, do you have someone special in your life right now?" Jackson, one of his friends, asked with a smirk.

Thomas laughs it off, "Unfortunately, I don't. Still searching for her, hope she comes soon." They chuckled lightly while Thomas smiles, not fully but enough to hide the pain.

I'm not rushing to find her. I'm content with my life, my friends, and my family. I get love from them, the first ones who gave me unconditional love and not waiting for any reciprocation.

Another is that, my heart is still battered and broke. All those heart breaks, missed feelings, lost of the sparks when we first met; all end up in misery and pain. But I guess those bruises and scars were also lessons and a reminder that

"She's not the one." I laugh at my sappy line. It may sound so hopelessly romantic but that's what I'm waiting for, the one who'll put up with my stupid weirdness in life, the one who'll love me even if I lose my abs and handsomeness (probably I won't even lose it, still), the one who's not wearing any make up but still would be the most beautiful woman in the world for me, and the one who'll stay by my side for eternity; through every loops, holes, and downs.

He laughs and listened to his friends, talking about the recent basketball and football games. Thomas drinks his beer, looking around the house and observing the people chatting and partying.

As his eyes wandered around, the door opens and a figure steps in. The figure was a woman, wearing a red dress that ends above her knee. Pairing it with red flats, pendant and a bright smile. Her black hair was just flowing down and she greeted some of the people near the door.

He felt his heart skip a beat the longer he stares at the woman, who was smiling and laughing with her friends inside. Thomas tore his eyes off, a blush spreading on his face and an unexplainable feeling of joy was felt all throughout his body.

Thomas walks to the kitchen and grabbed a juice. Drinking it quickly, he was steadying his heartbeat and internally slapping himself. Calm down, Thomas. It's just a girl. A bloody gorgeous girl. No need to get all excited. He sighs and continued drinking.

He felt a presence near causing him to turn around and almost spit out the grape juice he was drinking. With eyes wide, Thomas realized that the woman beside her was the attractive girl he saw earlier.

She looks at him with a shy smile, "Hi." His heartbeat quickened, "H-H-Hey!" Thomas looks at her hand, carrying an empty red cup. He clears his throat, "Sorry!" He moves away from the punch bowl awkwardly causing the girl to giggle at him.

After drinking, "I'm Y/N, by the way." The girl said with a smile making Thomas grin nervously, "I'm, Thomas. Nice to meet you." She nods and giggles, "You too, Thomas."

The two of you were sitting near the wooden staircase, chatting and laughing. "So, why are you here? Trying to find a girl to take home?" Y/N asks in a teasing tone. He laughs lightly, "Just for the alcohol. Kidding, I wanted to spend a fun time with my friends. And probably find a girl."

She chuckles, "Did you find her, yet?" Thomas looks at her, noticing her brown eyes shining with delight. He clears his throat and tries to think of answer, "Sadly, I didn't. But I did find something else."

Her eyes blinked, "What did you found?" He looks straight at Y/N's eyes, "I found an angel, dressed in a red dress." Warmth spreads across her cheeks at his cheeky reply.

She looks away but Thomas gently grabs her chin, turning her gaze back to his. Both of their hearts were beating fast, "Y/N." She goes on full tomato red, "Thomas." He starts leaning closer while she does the same until,

"Thomas!" His memory of their first encounter and kiss was broken by an impatient call of his name. Thomas blinks and focuses at the worried face of his girlfriend, Y/N.

She reaches out his hand and touches his forehead, "Are you alright? You were staring at nothingness for the last ten minutes." He chuckles at her tone, "I'm fine, love. Just remembering our first encounter three years ago."

Y/N smiles at this, "Oh, how could I even forget that. I met a man who found an angel." Thomas laughs loudly, "You were pretty angelic and breathtaking, babe." She giggles and looks at him straight in the eyes, her own reflecting with love, "Well, I'm telling you, Tommy. I am completely human and mortal. Sorry to disappoint."

Thomas grins, "Well, you can make up for it." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively causing a blush to spread on Y/N's cheeks. She tried to run away but he pulls her down to their bed, laughing loudly as Thomas places kisses on her body.