Day 9

Amusing the Boss

"I think you should stop drinking, Y/N." Amber said with worry and concern as you drink another glass of wine.

You look at her, smiling goofily and waving your hand at her, "I'm fine, Ambeeer." You replied in a slurred manner and giggled.

Amber sighs and continues to stop you from drinking but you were unstoppable.

It was your company's Christmas party and everyone should be having fun. You were known for being the shy and quiet secretary of Thomas Sangster, the company president.

"Y/N, come on!! Party with us!! Show off your dance moves!!" Your co-workers and friends and declined, I can't dance to save a life.

Well... that lasted at least an hour. Amber, your best friend, insisted that you should try to at least drink or sip wine.

If it's a normal day, you would decline but today's an exception and you wanted to have some liquid adrenaline tonight.

You started drinking several glasses of wine while chatting and laughing with Amber and some of your co-workers.

I never knew drinking would be this good and fun. Minutes later, you, together with your co-workers, were dancing in the middle and singing offkey.

You jumped and screamed with your friends, a pair of almond eyes staring at you from somewhere, completely amused by your behavior.

Hours passed and you continued drinking, dancing and having a good time. Some of your co-workers started leaving and saying goodbye while you clearly weren't planning to say goodbye anytime soon.

Amber was almost chasing you around the office as you walk around and danced. You giggled at Amber, "Catch me!!!" You run around the desks and computers while Amber sighed in desperation.

"Y/N!!! Please! Stop!" Amber said exasperatedly as she tried to catch up with you, who was now near Thomas's office.

"Keep up, Amb!! Eeeek!" You squealed in surprise as you collided with someone, who was exiting Thomas's room.

Drunk and confused, you blink your eyes while looking at the figure you bumped into.

"Enjoying yourself, Ms. Y/L/N?" Thomas asked you with a smirk.

Amber gasped, "Mr. Sangster!" He looks at Amber and smiles, "Ms. Stone. I hope you had fun just like your best friend here." She smiles and nervously nods at him.

"I'll take care of Ms. Y/L/N, she's my secretary after all. And you can go home, you seem exhausted after chasing this drunk mess." Thomas says with a smile while Amber nods, "Thank you sir. Merry Christmas!"

He smiles at her, "Merry Christmas, Ms. Stone. Be safe on your way home." She nods and bids goodbye, "Bye, Y/N." Amber smiles to herself, Oh, Mr. Sangster. You aren't being subtle about your feelings for my best friend.

You're supposed to be the strict boss but because of Y/N, you slowly changed. It's obvious you like her, Mr. Sangster. Amber chuckles quietly while looking at you and Thomas, who was watching you with amusement.

You smiled at her widely, "Byeeeeeeee, Amber!!!" She laughs and excuses herself.

You look at Thomas, Wow. He's still handsome even if I'm drunk. He looks back at you and smirked, "Staring is rude, you know."

You simply pout at him and hiccupped. He chuckles lightly, "Stoooooop lauuuuuuughing attttt me!" You retorted with a blushing face causing him to laugh even more.

Thomas carries you into his office, slowly putting you down on his plush couch. You kept looking at him, admiring his mesmerizing eyes, wanting to touch his blond hair, and maybe even taste his lips that he wets from time to time.

"Mr. Sangsteeeeeeer, you're so handsome." You said with a large grin making Thomas laugh, "I already know, Ms. Y/L/N but still, thank you." He smirks at your statement, She's really adorable. Maybe I should get her drunk all the time? Nah. Sounds like what a pervert would do.

You reach out your hand, caressing his cheek. His eyes widened and the faintest of blush adorning his face. "You're really gorgeous even if you can be so strict and bossy sometimes." Thomas felt his heart beating fast at the contact, missing the feeling of your hand once you stop caressing him.

Thomas laughs, "I'm bossy and strict?" You nod like a child, "Sometimes. But it's okay, I still like being your secretary." He smiles at your answer, "Thank you, Ms. Y/L/N."

You giggled at him, "You're welcome, Mr. Sangsteeeeeeeer."

He gets you a glass of water and a straw to help you drink. You sip it slowly while Thomas fixes the scattered files on his desk as you try to get comfortable in his couch.

After a while, he sits back beside you with a smile. "Good?" You nod a bit and suddenly pulled Thomas in a hug resulting to his eyes widening comically. She's h-h-hugging me! Wow, she's so warm.

"Thank you, Thomas." She says while giggling a bit. This is the first time she called me by my first name. Hm. Lucky girl. He thought while hugging her back.

"Did you even party with us, Mr. Sangster?" You ask while yawning. He chuckles, "I did, Ms. Y/L/N. And I'm happy I did, I got to see you dance and sing."

You felt warmth rising on your cheeks, "I'm a great dancer and an even better singer!" Thomas laughs at you, who continued bickering with your boss.

"Where are you taking me? I'm telling you, if you're planning on taking advantage of me..." Thomas laughs while he tightens his hold on your petite body.

He puts you in his car, putting on the seatbelt. Thomas starts driving, a wide smile on his face. You look at him, blushing at his adorable smile. Even he's side profile is perfect. Damn, this guy is everything! Ugh. Being drunk sucks.

"You look your best when you're smiling." You said to him, who laughs. The drive wasn't that long but you fell asleep on his shoulder then snoring lightly.

Thomas laughs and continues driving, "I love you, Ms. Y/L/N." He says to no one but smiles at your light snores.

-next day-

"I'm sorry, Mr. Sangster. For my behavior last night." You said sincerely while bowing your head. I hope he doesn't fire me. Oh my god.

Thomas smirks at you, "It's alright, Ms. Y/L/N. Just try to minimize it next time." You sheepishly nod and smiled at him nervously, "Thank you, sir."

As you plan to leave his room, "Ms. Y/L/N." You look back, blushing at his handsome grin, "Sir?"

"You were adorable and quite amusing last night." Thomas said with a smirk. You felt your face was set on fire.

"Thank you, sir." You said and quickly closed the door, heart beating quickly. Is he... no. It can't be. I'm just his secretary, he's my boss. Right?

She continued working that day, frustrated and confused with her thoughts.

He continued working that day, happy and delight with each thought he has.

A/N: The secretary x boss dynamics is something I found extra cute and fun to write. Enjoy!! Votes and comments are well-appreciated.