Day 2

Naughty List

"Merry Christmas!!!" You all greeted one another, clinking your glasses filled with different colored beer and wine. It was your company's Christmas Party, a night reserved just for celebrating and having fun with each co-worker.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N!" Pearl said while pulling you into a hug which you gladly returned. She looks at you, "Looking good, girl. Even if we have a strict and cold boss yet handsome and being his secretary, you're still pretty!!" You laugh at her words, feeling flattered, "Thank you, P. True, but Mr. Sangster is still a good person. Even partying with us!"

Pearl rolls her eyes, "Yeah he is partying with us. By partying, I mean he's sitting inside his office and typing away in his laptop. I'm still amazed how you can see his good sides."

You smiled and turned your head through the windows of the office adjacent your work cubicles. Inside, a man with dirty blond hair dressed in his formal work clothes, busily working on his laptop. He can be seen from time to time, sipping his drink and checking on his phone.

"Well... He's a workaholic, I guess." You replied at Pearl who simply nods and walks to your other co-workers, leaving you observing your aloof boss.

~flashback~

I remembered the first time I was here, he looked at me; up and down, "You're a secretary, really?" He asked while raising his eyebrow causing me to blush and pout lightly, "Yes, Mr. Sangster. I may look like incompetent but looks are deceiving."

I proved him wrong, submitting all his weekly schedules and reports a day before his deadline. Handling tough situations faced by the company, being ever supportive of him, providing the utmost care to his every need; a perfect secretary to a perfect boss.

After a year of working for him, "Seems you are right, Ms. Y/L/N." He says while sitting beside me, inside his black luxurious car. He had just attended a charity ball and had me as his secretary and date.

"Pardon, sir?" I looked at him, who was looking straight at me. He smiles, causing a weird but warm sensation in my stomach, "I was wrong to judge you as an incompetent secretary, a silly mistake I'm regretting. As an apology, I'll allow you to have a crush on me." I stifle a laugh and smiled back, "I'm honored sir, but I won't have a crush on you. Like I told you, sir, looks can be deceiving."

He chuckles a little while nodding, "I agree. And if I may add, feelings can be too." My eyes widened, a faint blush coloring my face, What does he mean? I thought while Mr. Sangster smiles to himself, glancing at his car's window.

~end of flashback~

You blinked your eyes, realizing that you were staring at your boss, who was now looking at you with a wide smirk. Blood rushing to your cheeks, you smiled sheepishly and waved at him.

He raises his hand, wiggling his index finger; silently telling you to come inside his office. You fan yourself and swallowed nervously, not looking at the smirk he was wearing together with a twinkle of delight in his eyes.

"Good evening, Mr. Sangster! Do you need something?" You asked while smiling sweetly at your boss, "Nothing. I just noticed you were staring at me for quite a while now, Ms. Y/L/N."

He looks at you with a smug grin while you laugh nervously, "Sorry, sir. I just noticed that you're only sitting here, not enjoying the party and still working." He sighs, "Business never stops, just like I do. And I'm contented that my team is enjoying the party."

You nod but frowned a little, "But, you should try to enjoy the party a bit, sir. You dressed well and would rather just sit in your office?" He smirks at you, "Are you telling me, I'm handsome, Ms. Y/L/N?"