Day 7

Under the damn Mistletoe II

"Thomas." You said in a whisper, staring at his emotionless face.

"Y/N." He replies, completely stoic.

You felt the universe stop as the two of you continued looking at each other. Feeling your heart break into pieces as you gaze at him with guilt and sorrow while he reflects it with blankness.

"Glad to see your back, after 8 years." Thomas said, attempting a small and fake smile.

He moves away from you and greets your other friends. You stared at his now blank spot, fighting back the tears attempting to be spilled. I deserve this. I hurt him. For 8 years, he was in pain of me disappearing in his life. No trace but the scars and bruises in his heart.

You shake your head, composing yourself and breathing slowly. Helena notices your reaction and pats your back, "Are you alright, Y/N?"

You look back at her, face filled with worry and concern. Mustering up a smile, "I'm fine." Helena slowly nods and pulls you to a hug, "Everything we'll be fine. He just needs time." You nod in her arms, "Thanks, Ele."

Thomas Sangster... my best friend since I was six years old. We did everything together, from bathing together, playing, eating, and enjoying the simple things in life.

As we grow up, I felt my feelings for him grow much more than just being friends with him. I know I should've confessed but... I was afraid of destroying the beautiful friendship we have and losing him.

I thought my feelings would fade away but it didn't, ironically it grew stronger and stronger. Every time he had his days of storm clouds and darkness, I would be by his side. Listening to his frustrations and being a shoulder for him to cry on.

Of course, he dated other girls but none of those relationships were successful. Guess, I'm just not lucky at love. He would always with a sad smile after the fair share of heartbreaks he had suffered.

I would pull him to a hug, Silly, you haven't just found the right one, yet. He laughs and look at me, Oh, how I wish she wouldn't hide herself that hard. I smile at him, And I wish, it wasn't so hard to just tell you my real feelings and probably make you happy but I can't.

Its silly, but my fear of rejection would always haunt and stop me. I'm sorry, Tommy. We stayed like that for a while, staring at each other then at the night sky; enjoying the breeze and quietness surrounding us.

Everyone was chatting and laughing while you remained quiet, staring at the floor. They were playing Uno and are having so much fun, "Uno!" Jake shouted excitedly while Helena and Marina groaned in frustration. Thomas was watching them with a grin but sometimes he would glance at you.

"Y/N!!" You look up and saw Marina coming over to you with a smile, "What's wrong, Mar?" She laughs, "Why are you so far away from us? Seat near us!!" She pulls you near your friends.

You were awkwardly sat on the couch near Thomas causing you to blink nervously. Helena glances at you, who smiles back and nods. The three continued playing Uno.

Some of the guests were leaving, saying good bye to Helena and greeting you welcome back. "I give up! You're cheating us!!" Marina said completely annoyed at Jake who managed to win three times in a row.

He smirks at Marina, "What a strong accusation, Engr. Ruze. I'll see you in court then, my attorney would be Y/N!" Marina gasps, "You! Y/N won't defend you! Y/N will defend me!! Right?"