This gave Hawkmoth an advantage and started attacking the indigent. The high-class did nothing but watch to entertain to themselves. Adrien was barely fifteen years old when becoming a soldier and the last line of defense for the poor.

Paris was split in two, broken and lost without its light and love.

Together, Chat and Ladybug battled the mysterious and notorious Hawkmoth, who wanted the black cat and ladybug miraculous for reasons unknown. The villain was hidden away somewhere in Paris, feeding off of civilian's negative emotions to create illusions of destructive, dark purple monsters.

Yet, the only one who can cure these horrible beasts back into pure white, ghostly wisps was Ladybug. No other miraculous had the power to purify people's demons, only the bug hero.

The night the two heroes found out Hawkmoth was an opulent person...everything went wrong.

{+}{+}{+}

18 years later...
(1830)

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

Everything stood still. No wind or sound dared to fill in the void silent except for the horrible screaming coming from my partner, Ladybug.

My blood went cold and head dizzy with confusion.

This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be real.

The demon-like akuma laughed maniacally, yellow eyes watching the hero bleed in a pool of red under herself and drowning without water. Her face grew paler by the minute, breathing ragged and unsteady.

I lost all sense of sanity and began to see red, losing myself while the other part of me was dying on the road not too far away. I gritted my teeth in rage and released all of my built up fury on the evil monster.

It only took a minute to defeat the akuma before it disappeared into a pile of ash.

"C-Chat," a weak voice called. My ears perked up and turned to see Ladybug barely keeping her eyes open. Suddenly, my anger melted into a melancholy of sorrow and crawled on all fours like a cat over to the love of my life.

"L-Ladybug," I stuttered, afraid that if I merely touched her hand it would be enough to end her life. I was not used to seeing the dullness in her eyes or the confident girl so fragile.

It was heartbreaking, like a knife plunging itself into my heart and repeatedly stabbed over and over again. Twisting and turning until there was nothing left except the scar of what happened and leave a horrible reminder of the only person that I ever loved that I wasn't able to protect.

Ladybug murmured something that I wasn't able to hear. I leaned down closer and asked to repeat whatever she had said.

"Take m-my earrings...back to...M-Master...Fu," she ordered, whimpering in pain. Tears raced down her cheeks as the throbbing from the wound increased. My eyes went blurry and shook my head in disbelief. What came out of her mouth next made me freeze.

"...find...a n-new...L-Ladybug," she added. Tears finally began to roll down my cheeks as I pulled away shaking my head, not believing anything she just said.

Find a new Ladybug! There was no way! There was no possible way! There could never be a new Ladybug that could replace the original. Never!

"N-No, I-I can get you some...help. You'll be paw-pawsitively okay," I cried, but her fading eyes told another story and sniffled.