I was already tired from the long morning and I did not have the energy to watch the child.  I went to the sofa and laid down. I must have dozed off for a few moments because I woke up to screams and a loud object or multiple objects falling on the floor. Charlie was asleep next to me and he must have woken up as well because he stared at me with his big brown eyes. We both had a moment where we just stared at each other in confusion. I don't know how or why he was next to me. It freaked me out. I quickly got up and ran toward the kitchen. Hannah was on top of Amanda and her hands were on Amanda's shoulders.  

"Take those words back!" Hannah shook Amanda violently.

One of the things I remember from high school was to never get in between a girl fight. A teacher said that it was a dangerous thing to do because you could get scratched or bitten.  I grabbed the spray bottle that I used to water my aloe plant and I sprayed them with it.

"Ah okay! You can stop!" Hannah used her hand to cover her face as she got off her sister.

"Ugh, my hair is messed up," Amanda said with annoyance.

"Me toooooo!" Charlie ran toward me and I  flinched.  He jumped up and down in front of me while he pointed toward the spray bottle.

"No!" Hannah and Amanda shouted simultaneously when I pointed the spray bottle at Charlie.

I pointed the spray bottle like a gun as I went from Hannah to Amanda. "No more fighting."

Hannah and Amanda both recoiled as they nodded.

The smirk on my lips turned to a frown when I saw that a chair was on the ground. "Let's get out of the apartment. I don't want anything breaking."

                                                                                                    ***
We went to a restaurant called Tabitha's. They had a great brunch special on the weekends and their carmelized banana butter was amazing. I wasn't particularly a fan of eating out, but on some occasion, I would indulge. Tabitha's was a small restaurant with modern décor. The front of the restaurant had long vertical windows.  Black square tables were lined up near the walls and along the windows.  We were seated near the front of the restaurant in the corner.  Amanda was seated on the left side of me, Charlie sat in front and Hannah was on my right. I could feel the tension between Hannah and Amanda. They were seated across from one another and all I could see were glares going back and forth between the two.

"Do you want some of my omelet?"  Amanda casually asked Hannah.

"It has sausage in it. I don't like sausage," Hannah replied as she stabbed a piece of grilled chicken with her fork.

"That should have told you something right away then," Amanda said with a scoff. 

The grip on Hannah's fork tightened while she sent a deathly glare at her sister. I was envious of Charlie at this moment. He was merrily nibbling on the same piece of French toast for the past five minutes.  It was like he was in his own little world.

"What about you, Cara? Do you like sausage?" Amanda asked before she placed a piece of omelet in her mouth. 

"I don't mind it, but it's not like I would actively search for it," I answered in confusion.

Amanda let out a laugh while Hannah coughed uncomfortably. 

"You're adorable," Amanda said as she patted me on the arm.

I tried my best not frown. What is with these sisters? Why did they keep calling me adorable and cute? Was it because I was shorter than them?

"So Cara, what do you think about muffins?" Amanda casually asked.