Chapter 3

You've never been in love before. Scratch that, you've never even had a crush before. With your family, love was the last thing that was on your mind. Still, the man in front of you shook your heart and gave you tremendous butterflies with just his smile. The sight of his dimples almost gave you a heart attack. Beside you, Jungkook coughed in his throat, snappin you back to reality.

"I-I'm Y/N." you finally said. Both hands retracted from one another. Your gaze lowered to the ground to avoid the embarrassment. The sensation of his hand was still tingling on yours. You saw that Taehyung had guided Yuqi to the front where he introduced her to Namjoon. It was weird, like everyone in the group looks up to Namjoon in some strange way. He didn't give off any kind of cocky vibe, but maybe they all just respect him. Especially Jungkook, who looked at the older with admirations.

"So this is the girl you've been talking about non-stop." Namjoon said amusingly, he had a deep chuckle, so carefree.

"Hyung, that's not true!" Taehyung yelled out, his face a deep red, almost matching Hoseok's hair. Yuqi's eyes widened as she looked at you. You gave her a wink, remembering countless conversations about how nice Taehyung was.

"I'm just joking. But I can see that they're nice people." Namjoon commented. "Anyways, let's party." The group sat at the round couches that surrounded the room. It was surprising that so many people could fit in that space, but you managed to do it anyways. You looked around, noticing that you and Yuqi were the only girls in the room, aside from the waitress. It must have just been a part with close friends. Yuqi was socializing with the group while you quietly sat next to her, reclining yourself back into the couch. SEVENTEEN, being SEVENTEEN, were first on the karaoke machine.

Ulgo sipji anha

Ulgo sipji anha

They continued singing and dancing. But they didn't do it normally, they would sing off pitch or dance random things. Minghao had on a feather boa and was standing on one of the empty chairs. Hoshi was doing the robot dance, eventually Hoseok joined him as well. Someone was screaming somewhere in the room. Total crackheads. You felt the couch dipping by the space next to you. It was Jungkook, he handed you a drink.

"Thanks." you said.

"No problem. Are you enjoying the party?"

"It's quite a party. I never thought I get to party with SEVENTEEN. They're so cool."

"I mean I'm cool too."

"I'm sure you are." you teased and he gave you a small pout. "How did you meet the other guys? From your group, I mean."

"We went to the same undergrad university. The other hyungs have already went ahead to graduate school, and I'll be joining them at the end of the summer."

"That's awesome, long lasting friendships. I hope that's what I get with Yuqi, I can't imagine living out my dreams without my best friend."

"What is your dream?"

"A teacher. Going to school was the highlight of my life. I know that sounds so lame. But I really loved learning and I think that's because of my old teachers."

"That's beautiful. I'm sure you'll be a great teacher." Jungkook scooted a little closer. At that moment, Taehyung was cheering about something, Red Velvet's RBB, the rest of the group cheered along with him. He seems drunk already, as he tried to follow the choreography. You gave Jungkook a look.

"I know, they're a mess. But they're more like my family. We all live together, actually. Jin hyung, that's the nickname I call him, cooks me a lot of food, that's how I gained all these muscles." He started flexing, which made you laugh a loud. Good thing the music was too loud for anyone to really notice. "Yoongi hyung got me in trouble from time to time, like ditching class and going out late at night for lamb skewers. But he helped me grow up, and understand that there's more to life than just studying. Then there's Hoseokie hyung, we seem so different. I'm reserved but he's like an open book. He gives me a lot of energy. Jiminie and Taehyung would fight a lot about which one of them is my best friend, I can't decide. They were both the first people to talk to me, to make to feel welcomed into the group." He continued on about them, talking about their silly fights but how they secretly take care of him when he's not feeling well or sick.