◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

"千里之行,始于足下。" A journey of a thousand miles, begins at one's feet

"千里之行,始于足下。"
A journey of a thousand miles, begins at one's feet.
◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

"Can you believe it! They're planning on marrying me off!" A younger Wen Meixiao whined, complaining to Wen Qing.

"Quit complaining and stir." The elder replied.

"And what's worse is that I can't choose my husband!"

Wen Qing sighed. "As much as I feel bad for you, this is what you get for being such a trouble maker."

"I'm sorry that I just want a strong and handsome husband." She apologized, continuing to stir the soup. As she was an orphan, she had always lived in the temple alone, but due to boredom and loneliness, she visited Wen Qing and Wen Ning very often. This was just another typical day. 

Wen Ning walked inside. "What's for dinner?" He asked.

"You'll have to wait for soup-per to find out." Wen Meixiao joked.

"Is it soup? The younger male deadpanned.

"I soup-pose so."

Wen Qing stepped out with bowls and spoons. The three set up the table and sat down, ready to eat until Wen Qing broke the silence. "Wen Mei, you aren't still working on that bow right?"

Wen Meixiao made a bubble in her mouth.

"What! You still are!" Wen Qing chided. "You remember what happened last time! You almost started a fire! And the other time, you actually did! Aish, you better not be studying about demonic weaponry still."

"..."

"YOU STILL ARE!" Wen Qing looked like she was about to have a heart attack while Wen Ning drank his soup without much complaints. "Wen Mei, you know that is very dangerous right!"

"You need resentful energy to create a possessed weapon! I can promise you I have no malice in me, not even a little! I am just curious!" She fought back, pouting.

"Curiosity is what killed the cat!"

"Sisters, let's stop arguing and eat.." Wen Ning suggested. The two females in the room huffed and ate in silence.

The next morning, the young teen set out for her everyday morning hunt. She wandered towards the large river, bringing a net and fishing rod with her. She did this every morning, looking for supplies washed up ashore to build her bow. She had actually succeeded in finding pieces of gold and other fine materials before, hence this being her daily morning exercise. She changed out of her hanfu earlier, wearing a male's outfit, and stepped onto the water to lower her net.