I walked to him and kissed his cheek. "No problem. Thank you for being such a good friend to me."

His face was red when I pulled back and he cleared his throat. "Uh, yeah. Of course," he rasped out.

I crawled into bed and turned the lamp off. "Goodnight, Lance."

"Night."

•••••••••••••••••••
The next morning, a loud banging woke me from my sleep. I jumped up and looked over at Lance who was already standing.

I rubbed my eyes. "I'm sure it's Jaxon." I walked to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. I yawned as I stretched. Outside of the bathroom was silent.

"Lance? Is everything okay?" No answer.

"Lance?" I opened the door to see Lance, sprawled out on the floor. A hand quickly covered my mouth.

"Time to go," a male voice said. He removed his hand just long enough to cover my mouth and nose with a cloth in the other hand. The world slowly faded to black. My mind screamed at me to stay awake and find Jaxon but the darkness soon took over me.

••••••••••••
I woke again, confused.

I groaned. "What happened?"

"Well, sweetheart, I kidnapped you. Just like I said I would."

I jumped at the sound of his voice. I tried to stand but I was chained to a brick wall. I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a dark room with medical tables set up on the edges of the room.

"Where am I?"

"An abandoned hospital in Cuba, piccolo."

"Cuba?" I panicked.

"Yes. Now Daddy and his capo will never find you."

"Jaxon will find me," I muttered. "He will always find me."

"Don't be so sure. He hasn't found you yet. I've had you drugged and out for three days."

Three days? I've been out that long?

My stomach grumbled loudly.

"I figured you would be hungry." He grabbed a plate off the table next to him and threw it on the ground next to me. "Eat up. You're my first item for purchase."

Tears blurred my vision. "Purchase?"

"Oh, yes. Since your father would not cooperate, you're the first woman I'm selling into the sex trafficking ring."

"You're supposed to be my uncle!" I screamed. "Family! Blood! Why are you doing this?"

"I don't have a family!" he yelled. "I do everything for myself. For personal gain. You don't allow yourself to have weaknesses in this world. Your father could never understand that!"

I felt tears run down my face.

"I'm going to kill you," I whispered.

He slapped me across the face so hard my head snapped back and hit the brick behind me.
I groaned. I felt blood stream down my face from my mouth.

"Aw, look what you did," I mocked. "You damaged the merchandise." I spit out blood onto his shoe.

"Shut the fuck up!" He spit. He kicked me hard in the side and I felt my rib crack. I whimpered in pain and pulled myself as far from him as I could.

"Dammit!" He roared. "Mary!"

An elderly woman opened the door to my left.
"Yes, sir?"

"Get her cleaned up and tend to her wounds. I'll be back in a couple of hours to take her."