ELEVEN

Baby, fineness is the way to kill
Tell me how it feel, bet it's such a bitter pill
And yeah, I know you thought you had bigger, better things
Bet right now this stings (wait a minute)
'Cause the grass is greener under me
Bright as technicolor, I can tell that you can see
And yeah, I know how bad it must hurt to see me like this
But it gets worse (wait a minute)

Lance pulled up to a beautiful house. It was a modern looking home. I immediately jumped out of the car and ran inside.

Before I opened the front door, though, I heard Jaxon mutter, "-this is why I had the house checked before we got here."

I entered the house and gasped. "Wow." The house was very modern with an eco-friendly feel. The walls were pearl white and the floor was a grey hardwood.

"You like?" I heard Jaxon say.

"I love it."

He laughed.

I walked through the house. There were plants everywhere. "How do you keep plants alive if you're never here?"

"My men stay here."

I nodded. The kitchen was beautiful. Open shelving with beautiful dishes adorning them. Before I could admire the kitchen more, my eyes caught the most beautiful yard I have ever seen.

"Oh my," I whispered. I walked through the back glass and looked out. The grass was unnaturally green and a long pool took up a large section of the yard. In the corner of the yard were solar panels. I felt my heart grow even more fond of my bodyguard.

"I'll be spending a lot of time here," I smiled back at him.

He grinned at me and nodded. "That's no problem, Miss Johnson."

"Lance is gone, Jaxon."

"I have men stationed everywhere, Miss."

"Oh."

I walked past him, back into the house.

"What room am I staying in?"

He cleared his throat. "Uh, mine."

"What?" I said.

"Well all the other rooms are occupied by my men. I can ask someone to let you have their room though, if you want."

"No! Don't do that. I'll be fine."

"I'll sleep on the couch."

"Jaxon," I began. "We shared a-"

He put his hand over my mouth quickly, eyes wide and looking around. He held his finger up to his mouth, signaling me to stay quiet. He put his hand on the small of my back and guided me down a long hallway. At the end of it was a door. It was the only door in the entire hallway. He opened it and pushed me inside. He turned the lights on and I looked around.

There was a king size bed with dark grey sheets in the middle of the enormous room. To the right of the bed was a giant wall of curtains with french doors in the middle.

"That's the closet," he said, pointing to a door on the left side of the room.

I nodded. "Can you tell me why you're being so weird?"

"My men can't know that I call you by your first name or that we slept in a bed together. I slipped up in front if Lance but he's my best friend so I know he won't tell a soul."

I nodded.

"So, are you going to able to sleep in a bed with me here?" I ran a finger down the comforter.