𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

ʜ ᴛᴏʀʏ ɴʟ

"ʏᴇꜱ, ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ. ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴍʏ ʜᴏʙʙʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ"~ ꜱᴜɢᴀ

𝚁𝚢𝚞𝚞'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

"Table number four, Ryuu!" My boss shouts over the kitchen counter as he fixes his chef hat and goes back near the stove to flip something that was frying on the frying pan. I sigh as I push back a strand of my silver hair behind my ear. I take two plates of food on my empty black tray and drive through the red curtains that parted the main room from the staff room.

The dim and warm glow of the lamps illuminates the large room, giving it a magical feeling. The walls were covered with the prints of gold and white floral wallpaper, as per the boss's wife's recommendation. Clean white and light blue tablecloths were covering the tables of this room as the white lilies gave the final touch of elegance. My gaze falls on the table that is in the corner of the room, which is currently occupied by an elderly couple. They look immersed in whatever they were speaking about and did not realise that I was walking near them. And at a time like this, my mind scolds me for not checking my apron while I was in the staff room. Stupid me. Unsure details like these always tend to haunt me in the future. It's still hard for a person like me to pull up this stunt in this elegant place and yet it's still a mystery of how I do it.

"Excuse me, sir," I say politely, my eyes practically closed because of this dumb smile on my face. The couple stops talking and throws a glance towards me with a smile. I keep my friendly attitude as I serve them their food and give them a swift bow before walking away from there. The one thing that I have learned in this place is acting skills. And they surely come in handy outside this restaurant. I give out a long sigh as soon as I pass the red curtains. This work is more exhausting than I had imagined. But I can't complain because the pay is damn good. Ughh my life!

This restaurant in which I work- Moon Light, is a trendy restaurant in this town. It's renowned for its elegance and delicious cuisine. I go back to the staff room which is not a very tiny room. It has a small round wooden table in the centre of the, and the walls were just plain white. Near the table are two women. One of them who has blonde hair had taken her seat on one of the chairs while the other woman who has brown hair, stood up.

They are busy chit-chatting when the blonde woman takes notice of my presence. "Oh, hey Ryuu-chan!" The short blonde-haired woman, whose name is Mei Ichiru, waves her hand towards me. I smile a genuine smile as I feel my mind easing a little. The brunette- Ruka Ariwa, turns her head towards me too.

"Oh, Kuchiki-san" Ariwa-san greets me. Ariwa-san is the type of lady who looked like she had walked out straight from a fashion magazine. With a figure that curvy, men in the restaurant gawk at her like she was some meat. Mei-chan, on the other hand, is a twenty-year-old woman who has the heart and mind of a high school girl. They are the only two persons from work I speak to. The other women would just give me a very disgusting stare from afar and spread rumours about the people they didn't like.

Including me.

"Hello, Mei-chan and Ariwa-san" I greet them. "Not many people out there tonight, right?" Ariwa-san says with a yawn. Mei-chan has her chin resting on the palm of her hand. "Yea," I agree as I take a seat at the table next, next to Mei-chan. She looked like she was thinking about something.

"There are only three tables occupied at the moment. Most of them have left already." I tell them as Ariwa-san babbles after me. "Well, it is very late now and Kuchiki-san, you take some rest now. I'll go in there now." I nod, and she turns away from as soon as she finishes speaking. The skirt of her maid uniform frills around her curly brown hair bounces a little as she walks towards the red curtains, her hands swinging back and forth.