f a m i l i a l b o n d s

Start from the beginning

"Please call me (Y/N), it's okay Todoroki-kun."

"If that's the case, then please call me Shouto as well," he said and after her nod, he spoke again, "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to get some fresh air. I didn't have anywhere to go," (Y/N) admitted. Shouto looked at her strangely before nodding in understanding. "The sound of the clock is quite bothersome, isn't it?" He asked.

She looked at him in surprise, "You too?"

He nodded and told her how the noise was bothering him a lot and he wanted to step outside for a moment just so he could hear any other sound. (Y/N) smiled at how alike both their experience in that class was.

"I don't think I need any more fresh air though," He commented after a while, observing her behaviour with his eyes, "Your voice was enough of a remedy."

(Y/N) knew that it was just his way of being blunt but she had to use all of her willpower to hide the blush that was threatening to creep up her cheeks. The line was so smooth and sweet that she almost fangirled for him right then and there.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Shouto suggested, "I know a peaceful area outside the building where we can talk. You seem to have a lot on your mind today."

"Isn't that against the rules?" (Y/N) asked, wondering why the recommendation student who was the son of a famous pro hero and always followed the rules, not to mention was the best of the class in everything wanted to ditch class, especially with her.

She didn't know him for long but even she could tell that he was pretty closed off. He didn't have many close friends in this school. Many wasn't even the right word. He didn't have any close friends in this school. And her interactions with him were short and they weren't really buddy-buddy.

So what was going on?

"Shouto?" She asked after he didn't respond, "Are you perhaps sick?"

He didn't really get to respond because the door behind them opened once again, revealing an angry Present Mic. He ushered both of them inside and asked why they took so long, especially if they were standing right outside the door. Then, as a punishment for disturbing the class, they would stay behind to clean up after everyone had left.

It was a little harsh for just talking outside the classroom but they decided to accept it anyways. Being called out like that in front of the whole class made (Y/N)'s heart pound for at least ten minutes after she sat down and she was sure everyone else could hear it.

Somehow, this time, the class passed in the blink of an eye and in no time, (Y/N) and Shouto were the only ones in the classroom, cleaning without a word. After she finished, (Y/N) waved a small goodbye to Shouto who nodded.

As instructed, she went to meet Aizawa-sensei after school. She hadn't really memorized where all the teachers' offices were but she figured that they were probably near the principal's office. She could just knock on every door until she got it right.

Fortunately, she didn't have to because the first door she knocked on turned out to be the one. "(L/N)," he greeted as he let her in, "Late."

"Detention," (Y/N) answered, imitating the same one word manner like her teacher did. He seemed to catch on and an amused glint entered his eyes.