Chapter 19

Jake( pov)

There's no words to describe the emotions flowing through my body. Throughout the night I waited. Gee golly, I waited and waited for an update. I messaged Aranea. I messaged Dirk. I just needed to know what went down and if things will change. That was all I needed.

But things did not turn out that way at all. It's six in the morning. I'm still asleep. I turn over just as my phone rings. I look to the caller ID. It's Terezi. I lazily put my phone to my ear and answer.

"Hello?"

"Jake wake up....because you're going to need to hear this...."

"What happened......?" I asked with a yawn.

"Jake....Dirk got arrested."

Everything stopped as the words took a moment to register in my brain. I sat up and took a moment to process what was told to me.

"What did you say?"

"Jake. Dirk. Got arrested. Last. Night!"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, "What happened and who called the cops on him?"

"No one knows who called the cops on him, but I seriously believe the Serkets are behind it. No doubt. They were just so relaxed. And as for why....the person who called says that Dirk was the one who set up the assault on you,"

"What?!"

"Yeah, and we all know that's just bullshit, but it's what was told. So they came and arrested him. He even struggled for a bit, and they had to taze him Jake. He's sitting in a cell right now and is completely unable to contact anyone for the time being. If anything you gotta go and see him on your own. Doesn't matter how you get there, but you need to go in yourself and see what's happening. I'm already going through the process of letting my mother know all the details. She's gonna be taking his case,"

"God....I can't believe this....but Aranea..."

"Forget him! We are talking bout your mate here!"

I stop and sigh.

"You're right...."

"Go down to the station, now."

"O...okay....I will...."

She hangs up. I am now left to my own thoughts on the matter.

"Gadzooks...." I grab a change of clothes, and I made sure to put on cargo shorts for my omega items and head out immediately. I call for a ride and make my way to station. As soon as I stepped in, all eyes turned to me. Everyone was there. All our chums. And based upon the looks on their faces, they were just as confuzzled as I was. I immediately step forward to the desk.

"I need to see Dirk. Strider please,"

"And who are you?"

I clench my fists tightly.

"Jake fucking English mate. And I am his partner. His mate. And I want to see him,"

The officer blinks for a moment and sighs. She was irritated. And I didn't care. I was only here to see the man that I wanted to spend my life with. She gave in and called for an officer to escort us.

Once we reached the visitors area we were told to sit and wait. I glanced around noticing all the prisoners who were sitting with their visitors. But I could feel their gazes on me. They would glance over to me before looking away. I wasn't heat, so why would they? I don't give off any major scents do i?

I shook the thought out of my head and looked up just as the officer returns with Dirk who is handcuffed by his wrists and his shades still on his face. What bothered me was the expression he was wearing. It was not the usual Strider face we would see everyday. He wasn't just angered or upset. He was pissed off. He sat down before us in silence before speaking up quietly.

"Why did you come here......?"

"What do you mean why? We wanted to see you and ask about what happened," Dave says.

"About what happened.....let's see. Oh that's right I got arrested for something I know damn well I didn't do!" He shouts slamming his hands to the table. "And if that's bad enough, they supposedly have evidence over my head that could literally end it all for me! So yeah that is exactly what happened. And in prison you're not an alpha, beta, or omega. You're prey as soon as you arrive. I've already fought off an entire group. Forced them to give me a cell for myself and was threatened with solitary confinement. So yeah it's all fucking dandy here,"

"Dirk...." I reach out and grab his hand tightly. "Please....calm down...."

He sighs and hangs his head low. He moves from my hand and reaches up to his shades. He removes them revealing his oranges colored eyes and puts his prized possession into my hands. I look up to him as his eyes glowed with a bright shine.

"Take care of those for me until I can get out of here.....please....."

"Dirk...but..."

"It's prison Jake...they'll be stolen or broken and God knows I would kill anyone who touches them...then i really will be stuck here forever...."

I held them get in my hands and felt my eyes sting. The small droplets of despair shedding down my cheeks as I stared at him.

"I don't know who did this...or managed to make it so convincing to the authorities, but.....for now....looks like I won't be able to do anything....for a while.....and if I'm made guilty....then I'm done for. I'm sorry....."

"Don't say that....stop saying that please.....you'll get out.....promise....."

"By the looks of it I doubt it....."

"Dirk...."

"I'll m sorry Jake....I'm sorry that I can't stay by you like I promised I would....."

"Dirk...."

"Time's up." The officer says as he folds his arms with an attitude of disgust.

Dirk stood up and I stood up with him. Before he could say more, I just needed to do this one more time. Just once before we could see each other ever again. I pulled his face down to mine and locked our lips together. My tears wouldn't stop. And it hurt so much to let go.

The entire time I just wanted...I just wanted....to be of some help. But this entire time...I was merely rendered useless. I couldn't stand up for myself. I couldn't do what I needed to to make everything right.

"I'm so sorry.....Dirk....." I whispered. He merely gives a sad smile and whispers.

"I love you Jake....." he turns his back to me and walks away with the officer.

That was the last time I ever got the chance to see him til later on.

And everything....will change....and be ruined.....forever.

I'm sorry for updating so late! This month was hectic! I just moved out of my parents house n just finished last week with my TV so yay! I'll be posting the sequel soon! So plz be patient! Thank you!