Chapter 12

Hey again! Enjoy this next update! I just don't know how long this stream of updates will last honestly. I've been feeling a good vibe for a bit now so hopefully it will be around long enough for me to finish this first book and go to a sequel which i do plan to do yes. Trust me you will need to read the update once this is finished.

But enjoy!

The room was silent. No one could say another word. Mr. Vantas had laid everything down before the crowd, and now the vote would be haulted. That's what Jake and the others were hoping for. But Vriska was not about to give up.

"Tell me...Mr. Vantas how could it possibly be a student who caused the incident? If anything the only sabotage that was made to the scene happened before the police were involved. Strider was there and completely tore the Coach a new one. And the other students have alabis of sitting around waiting for the class to end. Who could have possibly done anything beforehand?"

"You make a valid point, but it's that exact point that leads to an answer. The answer of it being possible. The person in question was someone who was not a part of the class to begin with...just an outsider who completely found the right moment to strike and make a move,"

This time Vriska could not say another word. She was going to be found out the longer this continued. She needed to give up.

"Very well....i see...then I ask that the Principal bring this back up to the board of education to be haulted. The splitting of this school will not happen yet,"

And with that a great weight had arose from the group's shoulders. Their first job was done. Now their second job is just beginning. They needed to find the student responsible for setting up the crime. And when they were found, they would surely pay for the trauma that was caused by them.

The next morning, the announcement was made all over the school that no changes would be made just yet. And for some reason as soon as it was said neither hell or chaos sprung up. Instead, people were cheering. People were happy. From the looks of it, no one had wanted the change and for now they were not going to recieve it.

In class, Aranea sat on his own unsure on what to do. His little sister was way in over her head and completely went far beyond what he had anticipated. If she had continued at all during the meeting she would have been signing her warrant to prison right then and there. But now the investigation will begin and sooner or later the case will point to them.

'No...I was not involved...not at all.....and they won't know...they won't know...not yet....not yet....i can't allow that to happen..' he lifts his head feom his book and glares. 'Terribly sorry Jacob, but one of you will need to be disposed of. And if this is what it takes, then so be it. I'll get rid of Strider and make the change happen for my sister. But then I'll take over and make the arrangements for this school as to my liking. ..and no one will stop me,'

His first step was to figure out what he could use to pin up against the Strider. 'Strider has managed to skip his classes one by one, he is the only one without an alibi. He was also the one who supposedly found the coach and Jake together and decided to beat the life out of the coach. He had left messages for authorities to follow...claiming that if justice wasn't done then they would take care of it. Could he have been implying murder? Or just physical assault? He had already assaulted the man, why do it again? To prove a point bout society? But how can I make it so it was aimed to Jake...? Wait....no...It doesn't have to be about Jake....it can be about the coach himself. Everyone knew something was wrong with that coach, so let's say he tried to corner him in by baiting, Dirk is the only other person with access to Jake's medication I'm sure. Let's say without Jake knowing, he had switched out his pills. Using his own lover as bait to get the coach in, he probably could.....what? Could what? Try to get there in time....so that he could catch him before anything happened....but arrived too late making his plan back fire. His boyfriend raped, but the coach's reputation gone, along with his self dignity. Could this work?'

"Hello? Aranea?!"

Aranea had been so caught up in his own thoughts, that he had forgotten he was still in class with the victim.

"Ah um..yes Jacob?"

"Were you listening? We are discussing the next project we were assigned..."

"Oh I'm sorry..."

"Are you alright mate?"

Aranea sighs and closes his textbook before standing.

"I'm sorry Jacob, but there's no way i can do anything or concentrate right now so please excuse me...." He steps away with a slight bow to his head before exiting the classroom at his own expense.

'And also...excuse me...sister....but if I want to do this I will unfortunately need you to step down from your throne over the student body....'

He takes his time and makes his way over to the student council room. He plants his things into a chair and makes his way over to Vriska.

"Vriska."

"Hmmm?" She turns and smiles."Oh you're here early! What's up Aranea? Plotting over our own major defeat recently? Or plotting over your defective crush on the omega that's ruining everything? Hm?"

".... you're done."

"What?"

"You are no longer going to be the student council president..."

"Are you an idiot? What are you thinking? If you're gonna run this place you gotta have a tough fist you know? What makes you think anyone can top me?!"

"That's right no one can......but...."I" can..."

"What?"

"Since we have time....I will request to take your place. And i already have the excuses and also the plan to make you step down. And you won't be able to climb back up. You'll be back at the lower levels...where you practically belong...since you use cheap handed tricks more so than our mother did," his tone was low, his expression blank, and all the while serious.

"Aranea.... don't you dare-!"

"Too late...."

Vriska steps closer to him and sticks her finger to his chest with an intent to kill would it have been a blade.

"You think you can over throne me? Think again. You're a goody two shoes who lies between his teeth to get what you want expecting it to be the best for everyone else as well! But clearly you make it about you! I may do the same thing, but hell I get things done with the students, unlike you. You anti-social underrated, two timing, back stabbing failure of a brother!"

Aranea remains silent.

"I'll be mother would have chosen me as her prime candidate for her exploits, because her son just isn't up to the playing field and spends his time with his head shoved up his ass. Thanks for the clarification...now get out of my council room and take your sick boy toy obsession with you!" She tugs on his collar and throws him out the room slamming it right behind him. He stands up and fixes his glasses as he smiles.

"That's right....the irritation is all there...so let's bring it out for the whole school to witness...Vriska Serket.... don't think you'll stay in power after everything is said and done."