CHAPTER 10

"The Visitor"

Aki's POV

This is so amazing!

Finally! Kal found his mate! And it's a male! How amazing is that! I'm really happy for him and how lucky he is.

You might be asking why I'm so happy for him. Well, duh? I'm his best friend! Self-claimed. Haha. And also, I know he prefers guys.

But I can't understand this feeling when I saw that human guy. It seems he has some secrets of his own and my hunch never fails me. I just hope that the secret is good for Kal. And also, that strange strong power around him, it's disturbing.

"Aki! They look perfect together. Don't they?"She said it like she's watching one of those human tv drama that she loves so much.

"Jes, I noticed that. I just hope that his mate and the humans at the bar didn't notice the bright purple sparkle in Kal's eyes. Like seriously? That's so blinding it hurts my eyes!" I exaggeratedly covered my eyes with my hands, then suddenly she elbowed me. "Ugh!" I rubbed the left side of my rib which hurts a lot. Jes is strong. Well, she's a gatherer, so she is stronger than a healer like me. This crazy woman!

"Don't be a bitter fish! And besides, who would notice when the lights at the bar are blinding enough? Duh! Chill your gills, Aki!" Jes said and added "Be happy for him! Remember that's why he's here. To find Karson."

"That's just a coincidence, Jes" I looked at her and sighed."There are a lot of humans named Karson" We reached the back door of the kitchen. "He is looking for the "Karson" in his childhood. And isn't it crazy that his mate is named Karson?" I was about to twist the doorknob when a faint scent of blood mixed in the air that hits my nose and it made all my senses alert.

I looked at Jes, but it seems she is not aware of the scent. "You're watching too much drama, Jes" I said. Trying to be calm and to sound normal. If something bad about happened around here, then it's best not to panic and make the culprit aware.

Merfolk 101. Never let yourself known.

"I know that, dummy! Is it bad for me to fangirl on Kal and Karson?"She argued. Jes is facing the bar and me, while I'm facing her and the empty dark forestry.

I look around our surroundings to check if there is something suspicious.

I'm not good at this! I'm made to heal. Not to hunt or whatever. Well, unfortunately of me, the only person that should know is as dull as an unsharpened knife at the moment. And then, I suddenly noticed a dark figure standing next to a bush beside the restaurant building. But I can't tell if he's facing us or not.

The only thing illuminating him is the moon and it's too dark in that area. I should suggest putting some more lights at the back later. Probably he's a costumer. Not so uncommon since humans need privacy to do their own business outside the noisy place. Its physique tells it's a guy.