CHAPTER 7

>>>Character Inspiration for Apol<<<

"Breathless"

Kal's POV

It's been a few days already after the night I received my markings with Apol's help and yet he never revealed what class I am under.

If you're confused and eager to know. So am I. This is like what I have waiting for, for the last seventeen years and I've been bugging him for days but he avoided me on so many occasions like a plague.

I'm in my room. Sitting at the window seat that over looks the beach and the sandy shores. Since I am at home and feeling a little lazy, I'm only wearing my daily style of fashion. But this time with a twist. Since it's Halloween season here in the human world; which I love, I'm wearing my purple oversized shirt with pumpkin prints that I folded the sleeves and wearing my normal black skinnies and a black beanie.

Today is Thursday evening and I need some answers or else I'll go crazy!

Like, seriously!

Am I a siren? Is that why he can't tell me?

Wait, that's impossible. There's no Siren born in royal blood. As far as I know. The thought made me relax as I recalled the things I learned from the merschool in the kingdom.

No Siren in our history was born in a royal blood.

I tried revealing my marking on my own — which I don't know how to, because it wasn't taught to merfolks until they have their markings — just out of curiosity. I tried to look at the mirror, hoping it will show. And instead of bright colors glowing around my irises what I got is a severe headache for days.

Tonight, I am going to ask him.

And I will.

"Kal, what's bugging you?" Chip asked. He's swimming anxiously in the hundred-gallon aquarium; the name of the glass box, I put him in. I made sure to put a lot of corals for him to feel comfortable.

Then I remembered that morning when I first saw Chip again after -Poseidon knows how long- I asked him how he found me.

......

"Chip!" I exclaimed. I feel every emotion right now. Shock. Happy. Sad, because I left without saying goodbye. Worried, what if my family is just around the corner?

"So, I guess you know this little purple blob?" Apol chuckled. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yes! He is my best friend back in the kingdom!" I replied as I grab the round glass bowl from his hand.