XVI. Craters

When Stu woke up, he felt Murdoc's arm draped over his shoulder. For a second, a smile spread across his face. Just a second of happiness before the memories came flooding back. Stuart pushes the bassist arm off of him, anger building up inside him once again. The pain in his right cheekbone was searing, and a whimper escaped his lips as he slowly sat up. He pressed him fingertips under the skin of his eye, and the swelling was a reminder of last night.

Everything was okay, 2D was laying in the guest room of his parents house. His mom surprising didn't give him a hard time, but in all honestly, he didn't expect her too. It's when he was awoken by the sound of the front door slamming that he knew the real problem had arrived. He heard his parents briefly arguing before his door was swung open. His father grabbed him by the hem of his shirt, landing a quick blow to his face before he could even react. Another kick to the ribs motivated him to get up and he managed to scramble out of the house. His dad basically chased him out, screaming obscenities at him the whole way out. And just like that, Stuart was out on the street again. And he only had person to turn to. One person that even thought at the moment, he felt like he hated, he knew cared about him.

The blunette looked at the man next to him, his eyes tracing over the features on the green mans face. Stu let out a sigh, gently running a finger through the satanist's black fringe. He was still really angry, but it wasn't a white, hot anger like before. It was more numb now. Maybe it's because he's naive, or maybe just because Murdoc consistently was there for him time and time again. But he was starting to forgive him. Little by little. Of course, he sure as hell wouldn't let the bassist know that yet.