VI. Stardust

Stuart awoke to a loud crash coming from the kitchen. He sat upright, looking towards the noise.

"Fuck!" Murdoc stood in the kitchen, the lower half of his turtle neck covered in pancaked batter. He groaned and mumbled curses to himself as he tried to rinse it off. Stu got up quietly, walking towards the angry man.

"I can...um...I can help if you want?" The satanist raises an eyebrow at the boy, but shrugged. 2D grabbed a wet dishrag and gently wiped the batter off the shorter man's shirt, then off the counter where it spilled. "I used to cook at...home." Stuart chewed on his lil while he finished wiping up the mess, and his eyes watered. Murdoc knew why. It had said in his file that his parents disowned him, but not why. He thought it'd be best not to ask. 2D quickly realized he was about to cry, and wiped his eyes. "I-I'll finish these. B-but can we put on music...? I used to always listen to music while I cooked..."

"Oh um, I don't really have anything to listen to it on. My phone is kinda busted. I can...play though? I guess?" Murdoc went into his bedroom, coming back out with his signature bass.

"You play..?" Stu raised an eyebrow, not thinking that the satanist would be the kind of guy to play an instrument.

"Yeah, have since I was a kid." Murdoc sat in one of the chairs in the dining room, tuning the bass. 2D turned towards the stove to finish breakfast. Once the bassist had his instrument in toon, he gently strummed out a song. He hummed along almost too quietly to hear, but Stuart noticed. His voice was scratchy and off pitch, but it caught Stu's attention. He was so caught off guard by the satanist's playing, he forgot that he was in the middle of cooking. That was until, the smoke from the burning pancake made the fire alarm go off.