XV. Sun Spots

2D walked down the sidewalk aimlessly, not knowing where the hell he was planing on going. The snow chilled him too the bone, and he knew wherever he was gonna end up, he should get there quick. There was only one other place he could think of, as much as he hated the thought. His parents house.

It was around a mile away, and Stuart's clothes were soaked by the time he got there. He sighed in relief when he saw only his mothers car in the driveway, giving him the courage to knock. When the short, brunet woman opened the door, her mouth fell open. She glanced around before pulling her son inside. Murdoc watched from a couple yards away, relieved that he was gonna be warm and safe. At least, he thought he'd be.

The satanist was fast asleep in his bed when he was shook awake by the sound of his phone. He groaned, rubbing his eyes and sitting up. He didn't recognize the caller ID, but picked up anyway. "Hello?"

"M-Murdoc...I-I...C-Can you.." Murdoc recognized the voice immediately. Stuart sounded absolutely desperate, and it worried the bassist.

"Stu? Are you alright? What's wrong?" Murdoc shot out of bed, already making his way to the door to put his shoes on.

"C-Can you come g-get me...p-please.." 2D proceeded to give the satanist the address, and the pain in his voice made Murdoc's heart sink.

"Yeah, yeah Stu. I'll be right there." He hung up the phone, basically running outside. He ran down the same path that him and Stu had taken before, skidding to a stop when he saw the boy sitting outside a familiar house. Murdoc hunched over in front of the blunette, panting.

"Stu?" He puffed. "Stu are you okay?" 2D quietly sobbed into his hands, not acknowledging the satanist. Murdoc had wondered why he didn't just walk back, but he could now see that the boy was basically frozen in place. He gently rubbed his back. "Its alright, it's okay. I'll take you home." Murdoc gently picked the boy up, and though Stuart was much taller, the bassist had no problem carrying him. Not a word escaped either of their mouths the whole way home.

When Murdoc got back to his house, he laid 2D in his bed. Pulling the covers over the boy, he kissed the top of his head. Stuart had cried himself to sleep, leaving no time for the satanist to ask him what had happened. Murdoc sat on the edge of the bed, softly combing his fingers through Stu's long blue hair. As he pushed it back from the boy's forehead, the bassist saw a vivid bruise forming on the pale skin around his right eye.