V. Black Holes

Murdoc's jaw dropped. The once comatose boy sat up and looked at him, his two eyes pitch black. Oh shit.

"Where...Where am I?" The boy's voice was high pitched, and he tried to stand himself up. His long lanky legs were shaking when he tried to walk. The satanist quickly ran to him, helping him up. He looked him up at down, looking for any other significant injuries. He surprisingly found none.

"I'll um...I'll explain when we get home ok?" Murdoc pulled his phone out of his pocket, calling a cab. The boy simply watched him, dazed. The cab pulled up no more than 5 minutes later, and the satanist helped the boy into the car and gave the driver his address.

When the satanist saw the familiar house out the window, he helped the tall boy walk slowly to the door. Murdoc unlocked it and basically carried Stuart inside, sitting him on the couch. "So, um, what do you remember?"

"Well...I-I was at work...and everything...w-went black?" Stu looked genuinely confused over what had happened.

"You were in a...car accident. You went into a coma, and then today you were in another car accident. And I guess that woke you up? But anyways, my names Murdoc. Murdoc Niccals. I've been taking care of you." The satanist stuck his hand out to Stuart, who gently shook it.

"O-Oh...ok...why?"

"Well uh, it's my job. Yeah. But anyways, are you hungry? Thirsty?" The boy nodded, presumably to both, so Murdoc went to the kitchen. He made a turkey and cheese sandwich and grabbed a water bottle, walking back to Stu.

"Here you go. You're name's Stuart, right?" The boy nodded. "Hmph. That's kind of a mouthful. Stu is better...but...how about..Dents? Two dents? Cause, ya know, your head?" Murdoc chuckled, then his face lit up. "2D! You can be 2D! How about that?"

Stuart was still a bit stunned by everything that had just happened to him, and all he could do was nod. The satanist grinned, ruffling the boys hair gently. Stu ate his sandwich slowly, leaving half untouched. He sipped his water before placing it back down on the table.

"Ok, 2D. Ready for bed?" Stu answered with another nod. Murdoc gently picked him up, carrying him to the bedroom. He laid him in the big bed. "You usually sleep on the couch, but I'll take it tonight. Goodnight, two dents." The satanist shut off the lights, closing the door when he left. Stuart stared up at the ceiling. That guy is one scary looking dude. Why does he make me feel so...safe? 2D fell asleep with thoughts like these running around his mind.