X. Constellations

The next day, Murdoc was ecstatic. He finally had a band! He rolled off of the couch, where he'd been sleeping ever since Stu woke up. He hurried to his room, knocking gently on the door "2DDDDDD....good morningggg." He cracked open the door, seeing the blue headed boy still sleeping soundly in his bed. He smiled, kneeling down next to the bed. He gently ran a hand through Stuart's hair. "Wake uppppppp."

The tall boy sat up, blinking his eyes open slowly. He yawned, stretching out his lanky arms as far as he could. "Morning." The singer's raspy morning voice made Murdoc's heart skip a beat.

"Ready to get to work?" He watched Stu tilt his head in confusion. "Our band, remember."

"O-Oh. Okay." Stuart nodded and got up, rubbing his eyes tiredly. Murdoc walked out of the room, grabbing his bass. He went into the living room, rummaging through his stuff until he found a beat up keyboard. Stu came into the room to watch as the bassist set it up in front of the couch. Murdoc turned around and smiled, gesturing to the instrument.

"So, I can teach you how to play the keyboard cause we need that for our band. But it's pretty easy and I think you'll get it quick. I'm also a really good teacher." He grinned, making 2D laugh a little.

"Thank you.." The boy sat in front of it, turning it on. His long fingers moved over the keys, effortlessly playing a beautiful tune. Murdoc just stared at him, dumbfounded. When 2D finished and looked up, he froze. "I..um.."

"Sweet Satan, Dents." He laughed and grabbed the boy's shoulder. "Is there anything you can't do?" The compliment made the corners of the blunette's mouth turn upwards. Murdoc took a familiar piece of paper from the coffee table, handing it to the boy. We're gonna play this, okay?" Stuart nodded and read the lyrics again, smiling. He loved the song already.

Murdoc started playing the bass line, 2D soon following along with the keyboard. He sang the first couple of lines, perfectly in the satanist's option.

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless but not for long
The future is coming on

Murdoc's fingers froze. He was lost on the boy's voice. It was mesmerizing. 2D quickly stopped when the man did, nervous that he'd made a mistake. "I-I'm sorry...did I mess up?" The satanist just looked down at the blunette. Satan, everything about the boy just made his mind stop working. He tried to gain his composure.

"No! No. It was great." But it was more than that. It was angelic. It made Murdoc's heart race, his hands shake. It made him feel things he hadn't before. He was in love.