BONUS CHAPTER #3 - FATALÈ

Start from the beginning

"Do you like to mix personal matters with business, Mattia?" I ask, ignoring his question. Mattia watches me awkwardly as he shifts uncomfortable in his seat. "Do you?" I cock a brow, insinuating that I'm impatiently waiting for an answer.

"No." He chuckles, though it was obvious he regretted even talking about my father. I sigh, but deep inside I was itching to get on with it and leave because I couldn't stand to watch his face as he thinks he'll get out of this room, alive. Poor soul, what has he done to encounter me in his life?

"No?" I question, "Then why would you ask such questions, Mattia? Do you want me to ask you something?"

"N-no... what...? What do you want?" He chuckles, I stifle a laugh as I watch him. God, I was intimidating him and I haven't even started.

"What would you prefer? Slow? Or a quick death?" I grit.

I reach from my knife that I tucked away in my armpit holster. Mattia's security's wasn't air tight, not that I was expecting it to be anyway. He wasn't anyone important, which made my job of killing him today very easy. But my question rose an alarming amount of fear in him, so much that I thought he might just be killed by a heart attack. The colour in his face completely drained within a second and his entire body had become rigid with fear as he sat on his chair. Why was he so afraid of death? What's so bad about death, that you run from it? But as silence consumes the both of us, Mattia begins to settle again when he thinks he has control over the situation. A situation that has no means to get better because he was faced with a killer, a ruthless and trained killer.

"Kid, I wouldn't do that if I was you. You know the moment you do that, you're father will find out. The Lombardi's name would be tarnished if you're taking innocent lives."

I scoff at his choice of words, innocent. Barely fucking innocent. I want to take him out here, right now for even claiming that he was an innocent individual. That word felt like a curse to use in his presence. If he was so innocent, he would've even come close into my radar. If he was so innocent, I would be killing someone else who isn't him but here I am today, in front of this motherfucker who deserves to die now.

"Do you have a family?" I coo, twirly the blade in my hand. The sharp point of the blade twinkles under the dim lights as I twirl it against my finger, almost poking my own skin because of how much rage I felt right now. Mattia glanced at me, though he shows he's fearless, that he wasn't practically praying for his life, I could sense the panic in his little tremors and the sheer sweat glazing his skin. I could continue this torture on him, draw it all out until he's lethargic of all that sheer panic and then strike, when he least expects it. But what bruised my ego was that he thought he could outsmart me, by convincing me that he wasn't frightened to death now. He could have a heart attack, and I still wouldn't be convinced that this man was frightened for his life. I needed him to beg. I wanted him to plead for mercy, I wanted to see the fear pooling in his eyes as he's under me, overpowered by my strength. Lastly, I wanted his blood all over me.

"No..." he hesitantly shakes his head. He gulps that fear away, the same fear that's flourishing as he's slowly backing up, away from me, thinking to run away like a little mouse. He stood from his chair cautiously, like he's expecting me to pounce at him. The audacity of this man was beyond me, I scoff incredulously and chuckle at my thoughts, Mattia only looks at me with pure terror and confusion. I'd never let him slip through my traps, no matter how fast he is.

"Then who's going to announce your death? Who is going to tell my father that I've been a naughty girl and killed a useless associate of his that decided to fuck with half of Cosa Nostra and every other tribe that exists?"

"You...you don't know what you're talking about." He chuckles dubiously, the tone he used was irritating because I knew he used it to try and convince me that I really have no idea what I'm talking about. I may be insane but I always know what I'm talking about. So when he staggered towards the door, I threw the knife in his direction, slicing his cheek as it falls next to him, hoping it did more than just fucking slicing his face. "Fuck!" He screeches out loud, the loud clatter of the knife resonates across the room the second it hit the floor. Mattia attempts to grab it like a little bitch but I trample on his hand before he could reach it.

"You know what I hate?" I grit, slowly weighing my entire weight down onto his hand. Mattia squirms but it wasn't enough for me to be satisfied with the fact that he was suffering, and suffering good. Mattia whimpers on the floor as he used his other hand to hold his bleeding wound on his face. He'll live, but today he won't. I'll remember him as scarface. "I hate liars, but I also hate a liar that thinks I'm stupid." I grunt, kneeling down to him as I reach for my second knife that was tucked away in my boot.

"N-no...n...no! I'm sorry! Please let me go!" He begs, "I never wronged your father, he doesn't even know who I am."

"It's not about my father, motherfucker." I clench my jaw, anger seeped through me, it was raging as blood courses through my veins. I wanted to ruin his face for even thinking I'm here because of my father. This has nothing to do with him. My father would never send me to kill someone, my father would do it on his own. I reach for his collar and press my second knife against his clean cheek, the side of his face where it wasn't destroyed. Double scars on the face wasn't a good look, it made you look like an asshole. "I was sent to kill you. Now think about what you've done. Think real good about who you've wronged, and why you deserve to die." I held him, the knife pressing deeper and deeper until I move it down to his neck. Mattia begins to struggle as my arms snake around his neck. Blood pours out of his wound, the same wound I created just beneath my arm. Panic floods each of his eyes, he knew he was going to die today but before he does, I must know why I'm doing this. "Why would someone pay me thousands to have you killed, huh?" I mumble, Mattia squirms.

"I... don't... know..." He squirms again. "You.. don't have to do this... please... I'll p...p..pay you m..more."

"Not an answer I was looking for, Mattia." I grunt, tightening my arm around his neck, exposing his fresh open wound that spills out more and more fresh blood. There was so much, that I could smell it by now. The strong metallic smell fills my nostrils and diffuses the entire room, making it sickening. Mattia begins to sputter out his words, his feet kicking out on the other end, as if he's using his strength to fight for his life. I watch for a brief second, thinking how that mere action was futile. It's like watching a child chasing after a balloon on a warm and breezy day. It a shame really, how he used all his final strength to fight against the inevitable, when he could've just used that futile strength to admit what he's done.

My jaw clenched together, so hard that I lost control. Mattia was long gone, and when the silence surrounds us, when I no longer hear his squirms and begs or how quickly his body is moving against me as he's fighting for his life, I clench the knife in my hand and tear his entire neck open with my blinding rage taking over. Blood squirts everywhere, just how I wanted but now that it's happened, I realised I could've just taken him out in a much immaculate way. I didn't need to question him, or having him begging me for his life, or even having his fucking blood all over me but I was deranged. I lost control. Here I am, blinded with infuriating anger, covered in a man's blood, the same man I've practically decapitated. I couldn't get it out of his stupid fucking mouth, that why he had to die today and like this. What has Mattia ever done to deserve a death so painful like this?

Well, I'll never know.

_________________

July 2023 - You want the rest of the story? Head over to my profile and read FATALÉ! It's gonna be one hell of a ride... ;)

Please read all disclaimers before continuing on with the story. It's different to the books I've already written. I've never wrote an intense dark romance book before and this would be my first, please be responsible before reading. It's ongoing, and updates are weekly!

L ;)