Chapter one

Mature content: it was kind of hard for me to write such things, you'll know what I am exactly talking about as you go on. Its a sensitive topic aka 'disturbing scenarios', If you cannot read any further then I am telling you right now, do not read unless you are okay with what is coming.

Trust me, it was hard for me to write this chapter but I managed to do it for the sake of this book. Like I said, I only create these scenarios because it makes sense. Please be aware.

Author's note - 7th August 2019 -
The warning up there is a warning for you to read before you proceed to read anything else in this chapter. Though I have removed the 'disturbing scenario', the mature content warning will remain there because it still talks about rape. Please keep in mind that this chapter is the present time, five years after the prologue.

****

~5 years later~

Adriana's POV

"Eat the fùck up!" He bawled,

I flinched against the bed as I was startled by the roar, I turn my gaze to my left to see one of the guards hold a plate of food as he stood at the foot of my bed. I gulped getting rid of my parched throat as I search his hands. I exhaled out a breath of relief when I saw a glass of water in his hand, ready for me to just chug it down.

I close my eyes as I realise that another day has come by and nothing yet has happened that would change my life for the better or worst. I felt as though my fate had been sealed years ago but I still had a little bit of hope that soon, I would be out of this misery. I've remained in this room that I've been kept in for the past 5 years and ever since that day, my freedom had been snatched away from me. This room was his and mine, and I certainly did not like the idea. I wasn't allowed to leave the room without his permission and I hated it, I wanted all of this to just end. I had a lot of thoughts to kill him in his sleep; to just wrap my hands around his neck and just squeeze until he is unable to move but I didn't have the courage to do so. I know that if I did attempt it, I would be taking a huge risk and place my life at stake.

Whenever he did enter the room, I'd always be intimated because of his demanding behaviour that I loathed, I always try to hide away from him but I fail as I'm frightened to hell to even stand up to him because the second I do, I will be dead. A lot has happened in this room and I was never allowed to forget them, in fact I was forced to remember them because he would remind me every second of everyday of what he would do to me. He would even threaten me and still would do anything to hurt me because he didn't care, not at all.

I quivered against the sheets when the guard dog walked around the bed to reach me. I was silent when he hovered over me with the plate still in his hand before he shoved the water in front of me. I take the glass with my shaking hands before I hear the plate of food just clatter on the wooden drawer next to the bed.

"I want everything eaten on this plate. If it's not, ya klyanus' bogom, ya ub'yu tebya sam!" He muttered with a very thick accent just clinging onto his voice, confusion ran past my face as I glance up at him. I had no idea what he said but I knew for sure that it was something very unpleasant because he's face was very... expressive. He growled under his breath before he rubbed his chin, I knew I thwarted him because I was very slow with my actions but to be honest, I really did not care what these men did to me, it didn't frighten me as much as it did when he would do anything.

My body shivered as I reach out for the plate while the man held me under his scrutiny.  Even through the slightest movements, my body hurt so much that I winced however I bit my tongue. I grabbed the plate from the bedside table and bought it to my lap. I look at the food that was provided to me and instantly felt nauseous, the food was not really appetising. On my plate there was a sandwich, yogurt and fruit. I went on to grab my sandwich however, I stopped in my tracks when the door swung open to reveal what I feared most to this very day.