6

The wooden door creaks open, and Iris's gaze parts away from the book in front of her, and she plants her eyes on her younger sister, "What happened to you? Why didn't you come home last night?" Iris asks, noticing Indigo's tousled hair and worn out dress. In response, the younger sister sheepishly smiles, slowly putting down her small, black purse with just her phone, a couple of loose coins, and a few crumpled dollar bills.

"What?" Iris blurts at the long silence before her eyebrows untangle as her mouth gaped open, "Seriously?! Last night you- oh my g-"

Indigo giggles, throwing herself on Iris's bed, "Let me tell you. The experience was so exhilarati-"

"I don't want to hear it! Get off my clean bed! -and go take a shower!" Iris yells, sighing and going back to her book.

Indigo shrugs nonchalantly, continuing to purposely bother her sister, "I mean I can barely walk— I mean he just shoved in-"

"What the fuck, Indigo?! Shut up!"

-

"So, where are you taking me this late?" Iris pops the question, laying her back against the leather car seat.

Effortlessly driving with one arm on the wheel, the collected man goes, "My special place." He replies with an exaggerated tone. Iris smiles a little at that, looking ahead to see the beaming headlights of other vehicles that lit up the dark highway.

The two arrive at a big open grass field surrounded by trees. As Iris steps out of the car, she immediately takes in the therapeutic scent of nature— trees, flowers, plants. She takes a look around the picturesque scenery including a canopy of leaves and an abundance of flowerbeds that cast below the bright moonlight that seemed to effortlessly shine across the forest area.

In awe, her mouth was gaped open as her breath was taken away. "I didn't even know a place like this existed. It's so beautiful." She exhaled, continuing to admire the elegance of nature before her.

Taehyung turns his attention to Iris, who was still captivated by the view around her that she didn't even notice Taehyung had been watching her. "You like stargazing?"

Iris looks up, and for a second, Taehyung swore he saw the moon in her clear eyes, "Never done it before." She admits, walking closer to him.

Taehyung tears his eyes off of her and remembers what he had planned. He spread out a big pastel-yellow blanket on the truck-bed, bending over to straighten out the wrinkles with his hands. He then hops onto the truck-bed and patted the area next to him, smiling. Iris scrunches up her face but ends up giggling. The semi-awkward woman turns a little red in which Taehyung finds amusement in.

She slowly walks towards him and hops on too. She lays down on the cold surface and subconsciously shivers a little. Taehyung clicked his tongue and stretched his long arms backward to grab his hoodie.

"You're very cheesy," Iris says muffled, as he puts the hoodie over her head, messing up her hair. Taehyung chuckles, "I guess I am."

Iris takes off her ponytail and lets her strands of hair loosely blow in the wind naturally. He bends over again to grab another blanket that he packed, "Here's a blanket if you need."

Piping a quick thank you, she was caught off guard when Taehyung asks her, "So, why were you crying a few days ago? Are you okay?"

"Huh?— Oh, y-yeah. I'm fine. It was nothing." She says, shrugging over the matter. "You sure?" He tried again, raising one of his eyebrows, "I'm a good listener." He adds, pointing to himself.

She opened her mouth to say something, but her ringtone cut her off. Jolting from the sudden noise, she laughed awkwardly at herself. "Hello?"

"Hey. Where are you? It's like almost 10."

Iris glanced at Taehyung, whose gaze was fixated upon her. She turns away, "I'm uh... out. What do you need?"

A sigh escapes from the line, "I was wondering where you were. I just wanted to watch a movie with you. Are you coming back anytime soon?"

Iris hears the slight gloominess in her tone causing her shoulders to sink, "No, Indigo. I'm sorry, I'll be there tomorrow, okay?" Iris says, catching the attention of Taehyung.

"Alright."

Iris heaved a sigh, hanging up and shoving her phone in her pocket.

"Everything okay?" Taehyung asks, looking at Iris with slight concern.

"Yeah." Iris nods, "It was my sister. She was just wondering where I was." She shrugs, leaning against the corners of the truck-bed.

"Her name is Indigo?"

"Yeah." She softly replies, smiling a little.

"Iris and Indigo. Both names are after colors." Taehyung says in awe, finding that fact admirable.

"Our mother told us that she actually named us as colors because we brought color to her life— which is a really sweet meaning." She explains with a nostalgic feeling.

The corners of Taehyung's eyes crease, "That's amazing. So— you have a good relationship with your sister?"

Iris nods, smiling gently, "Yeah, and because of her, my favorite color is now indigo. She'd always latch onto me so it's like I'm forced to be with her, but I don't mind— I mean I used to mind but not anymore because she's the only family I have left." Iris says, maintaining the same expression on her face.

However, Taehyung's expression softens as he slowly understood, "Oh, I'm sor-"

Iris lightly shakes her head, putting a hand up, "Don't be. It's alright. We grieved over it and here we are, six years later. We're alright. We're doing great."

Taehyung nods and sighs afterward, "I have two parents, three brothers, and one sister and-" He pauses, causing Iris to suddenly feel uneasy from his tone, "I don't get along with any of them— well..." He pauses again to put a finger on his chin, "-except my sister, but I haven't seen her in a long time. We fought sometimes but what siblings don't, right? I mean, she really was the only one that would actually talk to me and include me."

Iris furrows her eyebrows, "Why wouldn't your parents or brothers talk to you?"

Taehyung scrunches his face, closing one of his eyes, "They do, but eh, I don't think it's a story for today." He says, pursing his lips. The woman nods understandingly.

"Well, I guess a small family isn't so bad after all." She chimes as Taehyung swallows the small lump in his throat, having difficulty to answer, "Y-Yeah."

The two fall into silence, and they shift themselves with straight backs against the truck-bed.

"The stars look really beautiful tonight." Iris breathes out, exhaling. The wind howls and the movement of the trees swaying were heard. The small moon above was brightly shining, providing just enough light to see each others' faces.

While Iris was busy admiring the bright diamonds in the night sky, the male next to her was admiring the diamond right next to him. "You look really beautiful," He whispers, barely audible, causing Iris to turn to him, "Hm? What'd you say?"

Taehyung smirks lightly, turning his attention back to the diamond decorated night sky, "Nothing."

Iris purses her lips, looking back up. After a couple of minutes in silence and admiring the constellations, her eyelids felt heavy, and soon, they closed, bringing her consciousness away.

"Does that look like the Big Dipper to you?" Taehyung asks, examining the set of stars above.

After getting no response, Taehyung turns his head to the woman next to him with her eyes closed. "Iris?" He calls, hovering a little over her. She looks so cute in my hoodie... and she seems so peaceful. He thinks, unaware of his racing heart.

Taehyung takes the blanket that was taken out previously and spread it out over her petite body. He sighs, letting his head rest back on the truck-bed. She suddenly lets out a snore, causing Taehyung to burst into a loud snort,

"I take back the peaceful."