"Oh, that?" he chuckles, running a hand through his hair to tame it down. "Witch blood, Wolfsbane and a little Vervain. Enough to numb a Vampire but not enough to hurt them."

Yuck, please tell me it wasn't his blood. He is handsome, but he's a Witch. I must have made a disgusted look unconsciously, because the Witch laughed again.

"I heard you're a Slade's Vampire. Who is it?" he tilts his head, his face going back to its focused expression. There's that question again.

"Fried rice." I look him straight in the eyes, my face more serious than it should have been. Suddenly, he bursts out laughing, looking at me with a funny look. Was he on drugs? He calms himself, but I still see his shoulders shaking a little. Seriously, it wasn't that funny. I only said what was I was thinking of.

"Aren't you worried, at least?" he asks, tipping his head to the side and still eyeing me with caution. "You're in Cruel Howlers' underground prison. The least you could feel is fear."

His comment made me laugh, strangely. I don't know why, but I found it quiet humorous. "Worried? Fear?" I question, raising an eyebrow at him. He continues to look at me silently, as though he wasn't able to figure me out. Not many can do that, I make sure I stay as unpredictable as possible. "A pack of mutts doesn't scare me. Fear or worry don't exist in my dictionary, unless they're caused by a certain Slade."

"Wow," he says, looking somehow surprised by my answer. I mean, it was expected. "I see another reason why that certain Slade is fond of you. You really are something."

"Tell me something I don't know." I scoff, not bothered to look him in the eyes. I close my eyes and put my attention on my ears as I rest my head against the solid wall.

He whistles. Glad to know I entertain him. "That ego of yours." he says. "I like it."

"Yeah, and I like Sebastian." I say, making it the most obvious thing in the world.

"What?" the Witch asks, confused.

I open my eyes and look at him with a blank face. "I thought we were saying undeniable things."

He laughs lowly, shaking his head slightly. "Tell me, how did your Slade know the Alpha's deceased son?" he questions, interested.

I raise an eyebrow, narrowing my eyes on him. "You mean Chase?"

The Witch straightens up, looking at me with startled eyes. "You knew the Alpha's son?"

"Naturally." I roll my eyes at his stupidness. Why else would I mention his name? "He was my mate, I rejected him, then my Slade killed him, and after that everyone lived happily ever after with unicorns flying around and vomiting rainbows." I said with a fake grin, waving my hands around to create a rainbow for him.

"Your Slade?" he questions, raising an eyebrow as his body becomes a little tense. I bet he didn't know I was Chase's mate. I smirked slightly. I will make sure those bastards pay for what they are doing to me, and while doing that, I'll feast on their frightened faces.