An Unfinished Story

Lexi's POV:

I woke up to see Corey sitting on a chair at the side of the bed I only just realised I was in.
"Morning" Said Corey with his voice a quite, calm sound.
"Morning?" I questioned a bit weary of what he was feeling about how last night went.
"Are you alright?" He asked reminding me of what had happened the night earlier. I couldn't hold back the tears that fought to spill. I didn't feel like holding back, I felt empty, I promised her I would protect her, I broke that promise and she got hurt because of it.
"I broke my promise" I confessed through sobs.
"What promise?" He asked not sure whether it was a good idea.
" My promise to her" I am devastated, what kind of big sister am I?

" To who?" He questioned with a soft, caring voice.
"My sister" That's when all the tears spilled, it was only at that moment that I had realised that I had been thinking she was still alright and I would go home to see her with just a few bruises standing in the middle of the house.
" What was the promise?"
" My promise to protect her"

Corey's POV:

"My promise to protect her" She answered. At that moment I regretted asking all of those questions, she had completely broken down. She was sobbing, breathing fast with short breaths and I wanted all her pain to go away. I knew at that moment that I wouldn't be asking any more questions for a while without a massive breakdown. I had come to fall in love with Lexi and I just never thought I would see her in this much pain.

She drank her coffee and we walked down stairs to the kitchen, well she followed with her head bowed down and her gaze on the ground. What was happening? WHO MADE HER FEEL LIKE THIS?! What was she feeling? We reached the kitchen and I turned around to ask her what she would like for breakfast but she just walked straight into my arms. God, would you be angry if I was happy at this moment? NO, I won't take advantage of this moment, she is hurting.

I rubbed her back then hugged her back.
" I a-arrived home" She started
"You don't need to tell me now" I reassured her.
" I want to"

Lexi's POV:

"I want to" I wanted to tell someone and Corey was the only person I had left.

"I arrived home to see that my sister wasn't anywhere around, so I checked in the kitchen, she wasn't there, I went upstairs and looked in the bathroom, she wasn't there" I couldn't cry, I was more shocked and scared, scared as to how it happened. Just remembering what had happened the day before made me feel sad, hurt, shocked, scared and sick to my stomach. Just thinking of how someone would do that to an innocent little girl.

" I looked into her bedroom but she wasn't there. I walked down the stairs, about to ring her phone when I-I s-saw a leg sticking out from underneath the staircase, it was hers. I jumped down the rest of the stairs and ran around to see" I was now sobbing and shaking. 

Corey's POV:

She was sobbing and shaking now and that just made me wonder what she saw but instead of asking I said "Hey, it is alright, you can tell me another time".

" Thank you" she nodded and walked over to sit on the couch in front of the TV.

 " Can you drive me to the hospital?" She asked looking straight at the Television's black screen.

 "THE HOSPITAL!! Are you ok?" I panicked, why did she want to go to the hospital?

"No I am not, I need to solve something" she stated as I nodded to let her know I would take her there.