Chapter 11

~*Layla's POV*~

I was watching Jessi talk with Jessica from below, he still hasn't let me go, when I saw Jessi's face go from curiosity to annoyance.

"And how am I supposed to believe you?" Pause. "No," Pause. "I don't want to know," Over the past few minutes, the annoyance fell from his face and Jessi acquired more of a blank stare. "Yeah, go ahead," he said and handed me the phone after letting me go.

"I-I have to go now," Jessi says and walks out.

Confused, I look down at the phone.

"Hello?"

~*Jessica's POV*~

After I told him I was Layla's Girlfriend, I held my breath and closed my eyes. Usually I couldn’t care, but this person was with Layla, and who knows what he was to her. For all I knew he was her boyfriend, and I'd just told her I was her Girlfriend!

"And how am I supposed to believe you?" He asked skeptically.

"Even ask her, She'll say yes,"

"No," he quickly says.

"Why not?" I ask, confused.

"I don't want to know,"

"Why not?" He didn't answer. Sighing, I ask if I can talk to Layla.

"Yeah, go ahead," he says after a bit of arguing.

~*Layla's POV*~

"Layla?" Jessica asks says my name softly.

"What did you say to him?" I ask her accusingly, watching Jessi walk out the door. I've never seen him act like this. He's usually so bubbly, happy, annoying… but in a good way.

“O-oh… n-nothing…” she mumbled and I rolled my eyes, knowing she had to have said something to get him in this mood.

“Seriously. Jess. What did you say to Jessi?” I ask, err- more like demand.

No answer.

Jessica. What. Did. You. Say. To. Him.”

Nothing.

“Please tell me! I don’t like seeing him like this, what did you say? I’ll do anything…”

Nothing. She said nothing.

JESSICA!!

“Fine! Go to Le Café at…”

“Noon,” I say.

“Ok… at noon, and we’ll… talk, ok? A-and… could you bring Jay?” Jay?

“Jay?” I ask, bewildered. “Who the hell is Jay?”

“The dude I pissed off...” she says. Oh! Jessi, heh…

“Jessi,” I say, rolling my eyes. Again, “Sure, noon, Le Café, Jessi… and talk.”

“Yup,” she makes a sound like shes choking, but she covers it up with a cough.

“You ok?” I ask worriedly.

“Y-yeah, just thirsty,” she says. “By…” and hangs up.

“… bye.”