Chapter Eight

EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT

~*Billy's POV*~

I walked out of the classroom, almost regretting what I had done. No, I reminded myself. You can't give her up! No matter what!

Hoping I had Scared Layla off, I walked normally to the class I shared with Jessica. Just as I reached the door, I heard an all too familiar voice yell out, "Layla!"

~*Jessica's POV*~

Layla stopped for a moment, and I thought she was going to turn and tell me what happened. But noooo, Layla glanced back at me then bolted. Sighing, I started to run right after her only to have someone wrap their arms around my waist, stopping me dead. I turned around to tell off my captive, but before I could even register who it was their lips were pressed to mine.

~*Layla's POV*~

I ran fast as I could, far as I could, I just ran. My lungs were burning, my legs felt like they were jelly, and I was blinded by tears, but I pushed on.

Why was I crying? At first I thought it was because of Billy, and the fact that he'd actually slapped me, but why would I be crying still?

Maybe it's because I was starting to fall for Jessica. I'm not gay! I kept yelling at myself, telling me it was true. "If it's true, then why do I feel like I'm about to die?" I whispered to myself when I finally stopped running. I found myself at the local park, not too far from my house. Drying my tears and getting my breathing under control, I walked over to the swings.

Damn... I wish I remembered my iPod. I thought as I sat there, staring at my hands.

"L-Layla?" Someone asked, and I looked up.