Chapter Nine

NINE NINE NINE

~*Jessica’s POV*~

For a moment--ONE moment--I forgot about Layla and the dare. But soon, Layla's voice echoed throughout my mind and  I pushed my attacker away, and glared. Then, I screamed.

~*Layla's POV*~

"Jessi?" I ask in disbelief. Jessi is my ex-best friend, only because she moved away three years ago.

"Yeah!" He says and starts running towards me. I sigh when his arms envelope my in a hug. I missed this...

"Why are you back? How long will you be here?" I asked.

Chuckling, Jessi says, "I came back because my dad lost his job and this is where I picked. So... forever?" He winks and lets me go.

"Aw, Jessi, I missed you," I say and sit back down on my swing. When he just stands there, I point to the swing next to mine. He smiles and sits down, lightly dragging his feet on the ground.

"I missed you too, Penguin," I grin when he calls me by my old nick name.

"So... what'd I miss?" He asks and I sigh.

"It's a long story..." I start and tell him everything. Well--almost everything.

~*Jessica's POV*~

"WHAT THE HELL, BILLY!?"I screamed at him. He smiled tightly and backed away from me, holding his hands up in front of him.

"Just making sure you knew what was best for you. There is no way that... that thing-"

"Is that thing Layla?" I sap. He nods and I narrow my eyes.

"Well, Layla can never make you feel the way I know I make you feel, remember than," He smirks and runs down the hallway, after giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Repulsive, ass, annoying... I mumble to myself as I continue out the doors, ready to find Layla.

~*Layla's POV*~

"Really? He did that? I always thought he was nice..." Jessi says after I finish telling him about Billy.

"Yeah, well, he's not," I smirk and let him hold me. We're at my house, my room. He's sitting up, leaning against the headboard, and I'm leaning against him. He's had his arms around me for the past few hours as I told him all that happened. All except for Jacky, they were best friends when Jessi was still here.

"It'll be ok, it'll be ok..." My mumbles into my hair. I smile, happy my best friend is back.

We stay in the same position for a while, and I'm just about to fall asleep when his phone rings.

Oh, of course...