You smiled and nodded.

Running as fast as you can, you heard gunshots firing on the background. You knew you're putting your group's life in danger but you can never stop yourself from helping other people.

Finally you found the guy who was asking for help. He was hiding in one car, bloody.

"He-help me please!" You looked at him in shock. He's full of cuts and bruises. His hands were tied and he had a black eye. He looked pretty much like you when Daryl found you in the middle of the woods minus the ropes though.

"W-we will help you, don't worry!" Soon, the gunshots stopped and you heard footsteps approaching. You felt a strong hand grabbing your arm.

"What the hell was that?!" Daryl snapped while walking closer to you. You start stepping back.

"S-sor—"

"Ya almost killed us! Ya almost get yerself killed! And for what huh? A guy that ya don't even know. For all we know he could've done worst shits to these assholes!" You looked down. Only then did you realized how stupid and scary it was. You felt your heart race when you remembered the gunshots. Did I just ran in the middle of gunshots? God I was so stupid. You thought.

Glenn walked in between the two of you.

"Daryl, calm down." He placed his hand on Daryl's chest and pushed him away from you.

"I-I just wanted to help."

"Yeah, ya just wanted to help by putting your life on the line!"

You bit your lip, to stop yourself from crying. "I-I'm sorry." However, you failed. You looked back up and Glenn shook his head.

"No, no Y/N. Don't cry." He hugged you.

Daryl watched you. His face softens when he saw your teary eyes. He looks away.

"It was so brave of you," Glenn said to make you feel better. "It's alright. We're not dead."

You wipe your tears. "I'm sorry Glenn, I'm so sorry."

"Shhhh, it's okay Y/N. You're alright. We're alright." Then he pulls away from you and smiled. "Now, should we help the victim. Hero?" You smiled and nodded.

"T-thanks." The injured guy said. Then his eyes shut.

"W-what happened?" You asked.

"Let's bring him back to the prison!" Glenn said which earned a look from Daryl.

"No man! We don't even know why those assholes were after him!"

"We have no choice Daryl," Glenn said.

Daryl rolled his eyes and looked at you. "Fine,"

You smiled.

**

"Thanks," you said, which surprised Daryl. He was by the fence killing walkers at night when you went to say thanks to him.

"What?"

"Thanks for helping that guy,"

He just hummed in reply.

"Let me help," he stared at you and shook his head.

"Don't want ya hurting yerself again,"

You chuckled. "I won't! You're being too worried again Dixon,"

He stopped and looked at you. "I ain't worried."

"Yes you are," you plunged your knife into the walker's head.

"Why did ya insist on saving him?"

"Because I was just like him," he stopped and looked at you. "I needed help too and you saved me." He coughed.

"He ain't like ya, ya didn't have assholes who wanted to kill ya." You hummed in agreement.

"But, thanks." You stopped too and stared at him. "You saved me and I saved him!"

He scoffed and squinted his eyes on you. You just stared at him with a smile. "Ya're going to ask me to do something, right?"

You giggled, "So that guy needs some medical stuffs,"

"Hmmm?"

"I was thinking of—"

"No I ain't goin' on a run for that guy," he cut you off immediately. "I already agreed on taking him here, I ain't putting a squad's life on the line for him."

You shook your head. "I figured you'd said that, so I'm planning to go out on a run."

And he looked mad all of a sudden. "Ya know my answer to that."

"Please Daryl!! I promise I won't mess up like last time!"

He rolled his eyes, "ya're stayin' here no matter what." You just stared at him. "Stop looking at me like that, you look awful."

"This is called puppy eyes,"

"Well then stop doing that, I ain't changing my mind." He was about to walk away when you held his wrist.

"Daryl please, he needs my help." You kept on giving him those 'puppy eyes'. "Please?"

He exhaled harshly and stared at you.

"I'll find a way to get what he needs but ya ain't going out of here unless ya're with me, clear?"

You nodded with a smile and hugged him. "Yes!"

Daryl was usually not used to this intimate stuffs but with you being a super clingy person, he got used to it. Only you though, he would still flinch away when other people gets too close or done any physical contact with him.

To be continued...