Chapter five.

He had been there, not once, not twice but no sign of this mystery lady. He questioned those he thought might help unfortunately they claimed not to know her, those who manage to, won't tell him a thing.

Use what you got to get what you want.

That certainly didn't cross his senses all that time. But was this lady some sort of illusion? No, she wasn't, she couldn't be, he felt her that night; every tender part of her body against his. He felt those soft and juicy lips of hers, her eyes so charming with a worrying flicker of sorrow and pain.

He returned to reality at the sound of his office door creaking revealing to him a slender lady in her late forties, she adorned a beige designer satin dress on a pair of black three inches stiletto. A thick white fur coat over her shoulders complimented it. It was all crowned with a pair of sapphire earrings and necklaces. Wavy honey brown hair bounced at every step she took until she made herself comfortable on the seat opposite him.

"Mr. Woods," she said as she crossed her legs.

"For god's sake, mum quit performing."

"I'm your mum at home but not in the office." Marley sighed "I was on my way to Venezuela before deciding to stop by." she smoothened an invisible crease on the material which covered her elevated thigh.

Something in her tune suddenly sent chills down his back. His mum wasn't like any ordinary mum, she was the type who could thaw an iceberg in less than a second just by looking at it. He knew from the moment she got in that he wasn't going to leave the office the same way he entered: his mood was certainly going to drop to an outrageous acidity.

"First things first," she began. "Where were you on Friday night?"

"In my office," He lied but maintained a straight face. "why ask?"

"Called your office five times in a row and six times on your mobile phone."

Marley furrowed his brows, cleared his throat, and straightened on his leather chair. "Was just too busy with-"

"I'm not done talking young man. I called your Secretary who reported you leaving the office with those insignificant friends of yours."

Old bitch! She's fired.

"Listen to me," she added. "You are the Chief Executive Officer of the fourth well known automotive manufacturing company and you need not exhibit such acts of irresponsibility. What will your workers, board of directors, and other peers think of you?"

"Mum, I'm not as irresponsible, as a matter of fact, I am unfailingly amongst the top five best CEOs in the state," he said with conspicuous flatness in his tone.

"That was before you expended twilight in a club."
Marley's eyes widened and his mouth agape.

"Can't believe this," he muttered roughly diving his fingers through his hair. "Did you have me tracked down?"

"I did what a normal worried mother would do."

"No no oh no, a normal worried mother won't do this. I mean this is everything crazy but certainly not normal. You are probably forgetting I'm twenty-three, old enough to differentiate my wrongs from my rights. This is my life, my intimacy and I won't want you meddling in it." he scolded.

"As long as I'm alive you remain a little boy and I have all rights as a mother to correct you when you go wrong and... I'll try to pretend you didn't just call me crazy." unlike her son, she was steady and composed, as if exchanging design ideas with a colleague over a cup of coffee.

Shit!
"Mum," his voice was barely a whisper. "If you do not want to lose me like you did Lauren, let me own my life."

Anthonia frowned then vacated her seat to begin her journey to the door. "I just hope, Marley Austien Woods, that you did nothing which will rub mud on this family's face that night."
She took a couple of majestic steps to the door.
"And for the reminder, the psychiatrist will be home before five, make sure to see her. I will not tolerate any more news of your outburst regarding that gold digger of an ex."