The Lump on the Couch

"Wait!"
A small voice came from behind me as I turned around and saw Lucy standing there. She slowly made her way over to Natsu and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I don't have that many people in my corner right now and I might end up regretting this, but Ill team up with you."

"Lucy! You can't be serious! How can you trust someone like him?" I was slightly hurt at her choice. She's been through so much but she still manages to place her trust where it doesn't belong.

"It doesn't seem like I have a lot of options here, so I guess we're all going to be working together from now on"

It felt like the tide had shifted and now it was me against them. I wasn't sure how to feel. Did this mean the Lucy didn't think I could protect her? My pride was getting the best of me again. This isn't about me, this is about her and I need to figure out if this is the best option for her.

"Okay. Fine," I spat at Natsu and started walking towards him, "Lucy and I will work with you under one condition. You never leave my sight. If you even so much think of sneaking off i'll make sure it's the last idea your tiny little brain  and has".

The room was tense but I made my opinion on the matter known.

"Maybe we should start packing for the trip" Lucy said trying her best to be the mediator of the room.

Immediently I started searching for my bag and anything that would help us. Water, food... bandages. I didn't want to think of the possible things that could happen on this trip but the chances of some of us not coming back was defiantly there.  Once I was all set I made my way back to the living room. Trying my best not to appear like the nervous reck that I was 100% feeling on the inside. 

Across the living room I saw Natsu sitting on the couch. Just this morning I was thinking of ways to get back at the little shit and here he was in my living room on my couch. He seemed content like he wasn't trying to murder us throughout the past year. But for some reason I couldn't sense the hostility and aggression that had been present then. It made me almost trust him. Almost.

"Ready!" I heard a small voice call from the bedroom.

I turned around to see Lucy come out with a backpack too large for her strapped on her shoulders. Once again I was reminded of why I shouldn't trust the dragon slayer on the couch.

Because I'm protecting the one I love. Lucy.

————————————
Hewwo minna!!! Please let me know what you guys think of this chapter! <3