My Nakama

Lucy POV

I felt Lokes strong arms around me as he carried me to the guild. "L-Loke please, don't take me t-there." I was too weak to cry. Too weak to do anything, so I guess I was just like how I usually was. 'You're weak Lucy! You hold everyone on our team back. So that's why I'm replacing you with Lisanna.  So leave. Oh look, you're crying! Just what I was expecting. Just die already!' I cringed at the thought of what Natsu said last month. After that my days were filled with beatings coming from my once called friends. The only ones I could rely on to have my back were my spirits. Even Levy turned her back on me.

Loke kicked the door open. "I need help! Lucy's hurt, and I need to get her to the infirmary!" Everyone glared at us. I felt their hate like needles in my back. When suddenly Natsu flung out on his seat with Lisanna and charged at us. "FIRE DRAGON IRON FIST!" He came down, and I was prepared to die. Just before he was about to hit me, a flash of light appeared in front of us. "Not today, ebi" I looked over and saw Cancer in front of me and Loke. One by one, my most powerful spirits summoned themselves and surrounded me. "I won't let you hurt this brat!" Said Aquarius. Everyone in the guild looked shocked as my spirits glanced across the room. "Now I'll tell you one last time. Get a doctor down to the infirmary." That's all I heard before I lost consciousness.

Loke POV

When we got to the infirmary a doctor stood in the room waiting for us. He checked her breathing, sight, ect. "Sir, Lucy seems to be cautiously low on magic energy." I looked over at Lucy then the doctor. "What do you mean. She hasn't summoned any spirits for almost a month." A frown cast upon the doctors face.

"Well you see sir; as you may know love makes magic stronger. In most cases, if love isn't shared with you, it might make you a little drowsy, maybe a headache at most. But in a case like this, it could potentially be fatal." I closed my eyes. How could I let her get this bad? I'm sworn to protect her with my life, but now she'll die on my watch. 

I walked next to Lucy and held her hand. "I don't know how you feel Lucy, and I sure as hell don't know if this will help cure anything. But I need to let you know I love you." As the word came out of my mouth, I felt her give a tighter grip on my hand, and color started to come back to her face.

"I love you too."