III. harsh punishments

Chapter Three:
Harsh Punishments

Wednesday,
September 7th,
1977.

Alright, hear him out. It wasn't exactly Archer's intention to be late—and to Defence Against the Dark Arts no less!—but he had accidentally slept in... it was becoming a habit. And like, alright, maybe he should be a bit more aware of the time, but still. Mistakes happen, right? And he was sure that Dhruv would have woken him up if they had first period together, but since Dhruv didn't take DADA, he had a free period, so he was still sound asleep whilst Archer was scrambling to get himself organised.

     Archer just hoped that the new professor, Professor Kingston, would be lenient. Granted, they had been back at school for little under a week now, so maybe he wouldn't let it slide...

     Ah, well—guess he would just have to find out!

     His footsteps were heavy as they thumped rhythmically against the floor, echoing slightly against the stone walls around him. He practically ran—though not fast enough to draw suspicion from any surrounding classrooms.

     "I am so sorry for being late—" Archer managed to get out as he skidded into the classroom. Almost all eyes were on him. Red faced, he tried to control his breathing so that it didn't look like he had just run a marathon. It didn't work that well.

     However, Professor Kingston barely paid him any attention. In fact, it didn't even seem like Kingtson had noticed him at all. The man had his back facing Archer, and he continued to wave wand at the large blackboard in front of the room, magically using chalk to write on it. Once he had finished writing on it, he slowly turned around to face Archer. His eyes narrowed, and he warned, "Be late again and face the consequences, Mr. Reyes."