II. starry nights, sunny days

Chapter Two:
Starry Nights, Sunny Days

Monday,
September 5th,
1977.

     The Astronomy Tower was rather peaceful at night.

     It gave Archer Reyes some time alone to think and relax—to just breathe for a minute. Just him and the stars and the moon. It was all he'd ever needed. They were the constant in his life. Wherever he went, whatever he did, the stars and the moon were always there. No matter what.

     This thought comforted him as he listened to music on his record player. Despite it being just before midnight (and on a school night no less!), he had not been caught. Add in the fact that he was listening to some music, and, well, he was a little shocked at how poor the security was at Hogwarts. Like—and this was completely hypothetical—a convicted mass murderer could walk into the castle without them even knowing.

     Thank Merlin he had not been caught. It was a fucking miracle!

     There was a brief pause as the previous song ended, and the record player waited in silence for Archer to tell it the next one. The boy hummed in thought, and then told it what song he wanted it to play. A few seconds later, Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang by Silver started playing.

     Starry nights, sunny days, I always thought that love should be that way.

     Archer suddenly frowned, a startling thought occurring to him. He hoped he hadn't jinxed it—he did not want to be caught outside of his dorm past curfew.

     Then comes a time when you're ridden with doubt, you've loved all you can and now you're all loved out!

     All of a sudden, a loud crash sounded. Archer froze. He heard an irritated shout, and he figured it was Argus Filch, the caretaker, who was often found scolding students who broke the rules. It was obvious he was following someone, trying to hand them a number of detentions no doubt. Archer cursed under his breath—he didn't want Filch giving him a detention!