Chapter 5

Wilbur's POV

I got a device that shows the key to every lock and where it was located.

"Do you really wanna do this?" Carl asked.

"Of course, maybe the Everglots aren't so bad."

I started the device and gave the copy of the chest's keyhole.

<finding key location...>

"Hope this won't take to long..."

<LOADING...>

"COME ONNNNNN....."

<LOADING completed>

"Great! Now where is the key to this chest?" Carl asked the device.

'It is located in the Everglot's house.'

"Wait What?!!?!?"

"We can't go in there Wilbur!!"

"But we need to find the key!"

Whoever has this key we will find you..

Y/N's POV

"But mama...!!" I complained

"No more buts! You are not gonna use your father's inventions again. It's too dangerous!!" Mom shouted.

"B-but I wanna be like papa! An intelligent scientist!"

Mom sighed and kneeled down to me.

"Y/N, this inventions aren't so perfect as you think. We won't know what would happen if they were used in the wrong way." She explained.

"This inventions are my world Mom. His hobbies are my hobbies too. I just wanna be a musician and a scientist, in honor of papa." I explained.

"When are you gonna forget that papa of yours?" A voice said. I knew it was Rex, the new ruler of our family since papa died.

"I'll never forget my father."

He appeared infront of me.

"You should listen to your mom and to me, those inventions are nothing but a curse Y/N!"

"And why should I listen to you?!Your not the original ruler of this family!!" I shouted and it made everyone shock.

"Look, your father died and someone has to look out for this family! So you should do what I say!" He screamed and closed my door.

"URGGHHH!!!"

I jumped onto my bed and started screaming. He can't make me do everything! He just wants Dad's place in the family!

I grabbed some boxes below my bed which were family pictures. There was no picture of my dad because his face on the pictures were teared.

"Oh Papa, when will they ever know?"

I got my guitar and played some sweet lullabies. Mom said that Dad was a great singer, and I got my singing skills from him. I then started singing.

There goes my heart beating
Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now
And there goes my mind raising
Cause you are reason
My heart keeps beating
I'm hopeless now

I'll climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

I ended the song and stared at the photo that only has my dad's half body on it. How I wish I could you see again Papa.

"Y/N! Open the door!" I heard my Aunt Coco screamed from my door.

"C-coming Auntie!"

I opened the door and she was there with sweat falling on her head.

"Was it true?!did you really talk back to your Uncle Rex?!" She asked surprised.

"First of all he is not my uncle, and the answer to your question is yes." I replied.

"That was so cool of you! Even we don't like that guy. Did they say anything about removing Rex in the family???"

"Uhh no auntie."

Then my 20 year old cousin Drake came.

"At your age you really have a bad attitude just like me hahaha" Drake said and patted my head.

"He is taking Papa's place in our family and I won't let him!"

"Don't worry..we'll help you too. We just want everything to be the way it was before with them."

"Who did you mean 'them'?" I asked Aunt Coco and she looked tensed up.

"Oh hehehe n-nothing Y/N!!" She said and pulled Drake out of my room.

"We uhh gotta go now Y/N bye" she added and closed the door.

I was left confuse. Imelda came to me.

"Don't mind them. They might be crazy hahaha"

Maybe Imelda knew what they meant.

"Did you know who they meant?" I asked her but she didn't reply.

"Hey! I'm asking you..do you know something?" I asked again and she was about to reply when someone called my name.

"Y/N!! Come here quick!" I heard Mom said and I rushed downstairs.

"What is it mom?" I asked and they were all in the door.

"We'll just send your Uncle Rex to the train station as you already knew about his 2 week work time in the other city right?" Uncle Oscar said and I nodded.

"You will stay here until we come back."

"Wait what?! Why am I left behind?" I asked in anger.

"Imelda is there. We'll be back tomorrow night ok?"

I groaned in annoyance as I nod. Mom and my aunt's give me their and left.

I'm all alone....

And that sounds amazing!

I ran to my room and got my guitar. I never played infront of my family cause I know Rex would get angry at me.

I played my guitar while running around our house. It felt amazing! While I was playing, something caught my eye.

It was the biggest painting inside our house. It stayed there for who knows how long and it was treated with great care. I don't even know why they love this painting so much.

In the painting there was Rex standing in our door, for me this painting should be treated as trash.

They won't let me touch it or even tap it. I touched it started scratching it to how it should really be treated.

I scratched its sides but there was something odd. It looked like there was more painting behind it. The part were I scratched it revealed a guitar's string. I wanted to destroy the painting to see what was behind it. I was about to till I heard Imelda calling for me.