Chapter 2

Wilbur's POV

I looked at the gigantic machine and it was huge. Carl looked at it and looked sad.

"This is the last invention our family and the Everglots ever did. It was so powerful that it almost killed us all."

"What did that guy do?"

"The enemies were on their way to this machine and was trying to get it from us. But he.."

"Tell me everything..." I pleaded.

"It was our time to leave that time leaving this invention because it was too heavy. The enemies were trying to carry it but Miguel didn't want them to take it saying that it would be dangerous if this will fall to the wrong hands."

Carl looked for some boxes and gave me a what seemed like a picture then he continued the story.

"Miguel tried to fight back the enemies but there were just too much. He told his wife, family and us to leave without him."

I looked at the picture he gave me and it was a picture of a guy smiling.

"Is this him?" I asked and he nodded and continued talking.

"Miguel was the only one who can control the machine well and he didn't want us,and his family to be hurt, especially her baby."

"He has a child?"

"Yeah, you were still 1 year old that time and you weren't at the city that time, you were with your dad in the other city while we stayed here and had to deal with them."

"Why was I with dad?"

"He had some work to do for a month in the other city and your mom wanted you to be safe from the war. Miguel and your Dad were best of friends but since you and your dad weren't around. He had to be the one who should stop the war."

Whoa..i can't believe what I'm hearing right now...like I'm so lucky that I wasn't there..

"What happened next?"

"Miguel told us to step away and enter a Electric Magnet Force field . It is a ball to protect us at that time. Miguel controlled the invention and pressed the self destruct button. A big explosion came."

"H-he sacrificed himself?" Carl nodded.

"When we came up to check on him, he was nowhere to be found and all the enemies were dead, but the weird thing was this machine was still there."

"He self destructed it right?why was it still there?" I asked him

"We don't know. The only thing we saw was Miguel's hat lying on the floor. Her wife was in a total heartbreak especially her 3 month babygirl."

I didn't know our family struggled that much. I sat on the table as I accidentally threw some boxes. When it fell on the ground, pictures were inside. I put the pictures and the boxes on the table.

Carl looked at each one of the pictures. One photo caught his eyes as he stared at it.

"Brings back the memories."

He showed me the pictures, it was a picture of our family with the Everglots. I wasn't born in the picture yet.

I saw the guy from the pic earlier, the guy named Miguel. He was wearing a lab coat and glasses and Dad was beside him. Everyone in the picture were smiling happily.

"So this Miguel guy saved us and his family by sacrificing himself?"

"Yeah, and that's his wife."

Carl pointed to a lady who was smiling, she had black hair and had blue eyes.

"This is the wife of Miguel? Her eyes looked so beautiful." I complimented.

"That lady is Nicole Everglot, Miguel's wife. She is more like your mom. Her baby had the same color of her eyes too." Carl explained.

I wonder where that girl is now..

"Where is the girl now?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Some said that she went to another country or something. She is a year younger to you."

"Hmm..what if I be friends with her?" I said cheerly.

"What?! No! You shouldn't!" Carl warned.

"But why?"

"If our family sees her and finds out she's an Everglot, your in big trouble."

"Why am I included?" I asked innocently.

"We don't want you knowing what happened that war and that was a family secret that shouldn't be talked about."

"Oh.."

"Whoaa..."

I looked at Carl who was amazed looking at a picture.

"Hey what's that?" I asked him trying to peek and see what it is.

"I knew that girl would get her mother's eyes.." He said.

I grabbed the photo and saw a family. Miguel was there, and also Nicole but she was carrying a baby that was smiling and had blue eyes too.

"She have the same eyes as her mom." I said.

"We were planning to let you meet their child and be friends but since that war. We didn't continue it."

"I want to be friends with her!"

Maybe I could bring Lewis here? To help me find more about the Everglots. Maybe there's a way to fix everything!

"I'll bring Lewis here again!" I said.

"What?!you shouldn't!" Carl said.

"I need his help."

I started to go back to my room while the photo of

"Help for what?"

I glanced at him and said

"To put everything back to the way it was before."