23 - bad memories

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes lightly, fighting a grin as I kept pushing his buttons, testing him. "I'll take my chances."

Turned out, Luke wasn't kidding.

I was in his arms not a second later, letting out a surprised yelp as he took my former seat, bringing me to sit on his legs perpendicularly.

"Was that necessary?" I looked at him pointedly, wrapping both arms around his neck to keep myself in place, although my mind was reeling at his sudden movements and our closeness.

"Very," he grinned. "Now do your work, and you might get a reward." His words were low and I tried to keep my mind clean.

"What's the reward?"

He paused, looking thoughtful. "A kiss."

I give him a look, squinting slightly at his gleaming blue eyes. "I could get a kiss from you anytime."

He licked his lips and I gulped. "Maybe so, but if you don't do your work..." his words trailed off and I gave him a look of confusion.

"Then..?" I played along.

He brought a hand up to my face, swiftly pulling my hair closest to him behind my ear, giving him access to lean in. He let his lips touch the skin right below my ear before removing them to whisper.

"Then I might have to add to your punishment."

I sucked in a breath, wondering how on earth I'm still able to be around this man without combusting, and turned my head back to look at him.

"A-add to it?"

Luke nodded, hand twirling the mass of brown hair he kept fisted in his palm.

"Unless," He rasped, pulling on my hair to turn me back to the side, letting his lips touch the skin of neck once more as I let out a shaky breath. "Unless you be a good girl and finish this, and I might reconsider," another gentle kiss to my skin accompanied his words. "I might even give you a bigger reward."

I swallowed harshly and tightened my grip around his neck to stable myself. "Like what?"

He paused, stilling all movements for a moment, before pulling back fully, bringing his hands back down to rest gently on my waist. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip as he looked back at me.

"Only good girls get to find out."

I've never completed writing annotations faster in my life.

But that was days ago, and I didn't get to find out, because Cassie pounded on the classroom door the second I finished, and Luke begrudgingly took me off of him to answer her incessant knocking.

And I can't be too mad, because I had told her I'd be back to the dorm hours earlier, but I always lost track of time when I was with Luke.

But Cassie couldn't deal with my forgetfulness on that day, because Michael kissed her just minutes prior, and she was "freaking the fuck out". So, she told me she'd decided to take her chances, hoping Luke and I wouldn't be doing anything inappropriate, because she desperately needed someone to calm her down.

I knew I had to leave with her, right away, because this was huge, but when I tried to leave with a quick goodbye, Luke was quick to pull me back.

"What, no goodbye kiss?" His brow was raised and I sighed lightly when I heard Cassie gag from the doorway.

He tugged me to him by the waist and I bit back a grin. I tried to turn my head to glance back at Cassie, somewhat apologetically, but Luke wrapped a hand around my chin and steered me to meet his lips. The kiss was soft, sweet, and slow and I responded right away, my heart hammering in my chest.