Chapter 19 // Tutor

Start from the beginning

“Yeah.”

“With who?” Luke asked.

“Someone asked you out?” Michael remarked.

“Since when?” Calum asked.

“With a guy, yes someone asked me out, and since earlier this week.” Luke seemed shocked, yet upset. Why would he be upset if he has a girlfriend?

“Alright smartie, we’ll leave you alone. Have a good day.” Michael tipped his imaginary hat and motioned the boys to follow him. As they walked past me, for a split second Luke and I made eye contact. He immediately broke the eye contact and continued out the door. The bell rang making me late for my first class. Thanks boys.

~*~

After drama class, I went to my locker to put my morning books away. After I finished, I made my way to the lunchroom. On my way there I passed by Mr. Bush’s classroom, where I saw Mr. Bush, Mrs. Wilkinson, Mrs. Sanchez, and Mrs. Reynolds with what seemed like, Luke?!

“Luke the reason we brought you here is because of your grades, son.” Mr. Bush started.

“Luke, you’re a D- in science.” Mrs. Sanchez stated.

“You’re a D in history.” Mrs. Reynolds added.

“What’s my grade in your class Mrs. Wilkinson?” Luke asked.

“Let’s not talk about it.” She shook her head, pushing her glasses up to the top of her head.

“Luke, we want your grades to get better.” Mr. Bush said.

“I can’t Bush! I can’t! I suck at maths! History is too much to memorize, science is too complicated and literature the essays for books are too hard for my brain.” Luke exclaimed.

“That’s why we’re gonna help you.” Mr. Bush replied.

“Mrs. Wilkinson already tried that, sir. I failed that test.” He muttered.

“Not like that. We want you to get you a tutor.”

“A tutor?!” Luke exclaimed.

“A tutor?” I whispered to myself.

“Yes, a tutor.” Mrs. Reynolds answered.

“For all of these subjects?!” They all nodded. “Alright so I was thinking Cayle Lee.” Mrs. Sanchez said.

“I don’t have Owen so I don’t know about his studies.” Mrs. Wilkinson replied.

“What about Alexis King?” Mrs. Reynolds asked.

“He sleeps in my class.” Mrs. Sanchez said.

“What about instead of giving me a guy, you give me a girl. I can pay attention to a girl better than a guy.” Luke stated.

“That’s what I was thinking.” Mr. Bush agreed.

“Debora Pierce?”

“Julissa Hill?”

“Rita Ramos!”

Luke shook his head, while the woman teachers shouted names.

“No!” Mr. Bush said, causing them to quiet down. “I know the perfect student.” Mr. Bush leaned in towards the other teachers and whispered a name that Luke and I couldn’t hear. “That’s perfect!” Mrs. Sanchez exclaimed.

“She’s such a great student!” Mrs. Reynolds clapped her hands together.

“Why didn’t I think of her!” Mrs. Wilkinson said.
“So it’s agreed?” Mr. Bush said. The women nodded. “Good.”

“Who is it?” Luke asked.

“So next Tuesday is your history test. All this weekend you should meet up with your tutor and study for that test.” Mr. Bush said, ignoring Luke’s question.

“This weekend?! I have a date with Johanna!”

“You should reschedule that.” Mr. Bush patted Luke on the shoulder.

“Can I know who it is?” Luke asked.

“I need to go find her.” Mr. Bush said, getting up from his desk. I realized that I should be at lunch and quickly walked the other way to the avoid contact with Mr. Bush. Unfortunately, Mr. Bush saw me. “Daniela! Just the person I wanted to see.”

“Oh hey Mr. Bush! What’s up?”

“Can you come to my classroom for a second?” He asked. I nodded, following him to his classroom. I saw Luke’s head was down on the desk he was sitting in. “The reason I wanted to talk to you is because I need to ask you for a favor. Can you tutor Luke?” Oh no. I completely lost control of my body when I answered him. His smile appeared on his face, happy with my answer. He turned to Luke and said,

“Luke, meet your new tutor.”

~*~

this is where it gets interesting. *evil laugh*