↳( A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. )

christmas special
deck the halls 

"DEREK MORGAN, DO YOU HAVE ANY PLANS?" Garcia's voice rings out as she titters over in her heels to catch the elevator

"I'm getting ready to go home, help my girlfriend set up the last of the decorations, and get my snuggle on," he said happily, a grin lingering on his features of the thought of Rosalie still being up and waiting around for him, even though he wouldn't be surprised if the JTTF agent wasn't passed out asleep on the couch with Sassy, the chihuahua that lived up to her name. He was also looking forward to a little alone time with her considering she had just gotten back from an assignment in South Dakota that had her away for two weeks, barely getting back in time to see Marco head off to visit her parents. 

"Aww," Garcia cooed. "I'm so glad you and Rosalie are finally together. It took you long enough."

Derek gave Garcia a knowing look, and she giggled to herself, shaking her head before she waved a hand as the elevator stopped. "Well, have fun, be safe, and if you have to — give me some god-babies!"

She laughs as Derek chuckles, getting out the elevator slowly as she runs towards her car, causing him to shake his head at his friend's antics, making his way to his own car. He opens the door when he gets to the slim black car, and gets in, setting his bag in the passenger seat, starting it and then taking off as soon as his seatbelt is on.

. . .

ROSALIE woke from her nap at the sound of Sassy barking at the television, pulling the string of entangled lights and ribbon from her chest as she sat up, smoothing out her green sweater and taking a look at the clock as she stood up from the couch, rubbing her eyes with the heels of her hands. "Okay, okay, Sassy. I'm finishing, I'm going," she murmured, yawning to herself as she takes a long sip of her hot chocolate, before moving back to the tree in the corner, covered in red and gold and green decorations as she winds the gold ribbon around it, and fixes the tree skirt with her foot. Plugging in the lights, she watches as the white lights glow and glitter, and smiles. 

She then glances at the wreaths on the floor and sighs. She really didn't want to set these on the outside windows, but she knew when Marco got home, that was exactly what he would want to see. She slips on her boots, laying the string of lights to go around the kitchen island on the nearby table, opening the window and grabbing the command strips to place the wreaths on the windows. Slipping out onto the fire escape, she places the command strip on the upper window and sets the wreath on it, when a gust of wind blows and she grabs the window to keep her balance, and her weight, unfortunately, causes the window to shut.

"Shit!" She swears, and pulls at the unbudging window, groaning loudly as she looks at her glowing phone inside, on the coffee table in front of the television.

She sees Sassy, who barks at her, and she taps the glass. "Sassy! Go get my phone!" She hisses, and the dog looks at her, tilts her head and proceeds to shake happily as she runs and grabs her stuffed squeaking penguin toy.