( CHAPTER TEN. )

chapter ten
past lives

WASHINGTON, D

WASHINGTON, D.C.

ROSALIE dropped her bag on the floor of her room, hearing the noises of Marco splashing around in the tub and she softly chuckled as she pulled her hair out of her ponytail. She took her holster off, before pulling her belt off, her brown eyes dark with the lack of light. She pulled her shirt over her head, and tossed it aside, before sticking her head out the doorway. 

"Der?"

With no response, she dipped her head back into the room, before taking off her boots and her jeans, before grabbing a pair of underwear and a t-shirt. She walked into the bathroom before Marco protested: "Mom!"

"I'm sorry!" She laughed, grabbing her towel and washcloth, before running out. She jogged across the hall, having used Derek's shower before when he was out on a case. So, she didn't think twice when she cracked the door, cutting the shower on and dropping the towel on the floor behind the side of the toilet. She turned the quiet shower on before she climbed inside, standing under the water as she pushed her hair back off her forehead. 

Exhaling softly, she didn't hear when the door to the bedroom opened, creaking as the shower filled with fog. She was in the midst of rinsing the soap out of her hair when the shower curtain pulled back, and she turned to see Derek holding the curtain. Her eyes were wide in surprise but she didn't scream or yell as he had expected.

"Well, don't just stand there, you're letting the cold air in. Either get in or close the curtain." She told him, wringing her hair out. 

Derek, stunned, hesitated before he walked into the shower stall, and then let the curtain fall close. She wiped the water off her eyelashes as she carefully turned so he could get under the water.  They stare at each other in the eyes for a while, before he traces a water droplet down her cheek and catches it with his thumb. She reaches up to touch his face, tracing his jaw with her thumb before he smiles his familiar, warm smile. He leans down and she's not ready to run away just yet, as she leans up on her tiptoes. His lips feel a lot like she imagined, warm and experienced, slightly chapped, but perfect. 

She sits up in bed with a start. Her case file slips to the floor, and Marco had his head on her side, softly murmuring and exhaling when he turned over in her bed.  She groans softly and covers her face with her palms. It wasn't the first dream she had involving Derek Morgan. Since her two years of being back with the FBI, they had gone on a few outings, mostly with Marco. 

Derek had decided to volunteer with being his little league coach after the previous one had thought he was Marco's dad. Needless to say, Derek had run with it to keep the moms (single and married) away — at least until he had run out of lies to avoid talking about the fact that he and Rosalie didn't wear wedding rings and didn't have the tan lines from said rings. He was still coaching, he just had to find new ways to avoid the persistent mothers.