( CHAPTER ELEVEN. )

chapter eleven
defiance

"MMM! YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT WAS NOT A FINE MAN ON THAT SCREEN," Grace commented as the three women of their team walked side by side

"Who, Hotchner?" Sara asks, her face flushed and cheeks suddenly red like Rudolph the reindeer's nose. Andrew and James chuckle while Michael, undisturbed, had yet to look up from his book since they had gotten in the car to get on the jet they would be sharing with the BAU.

"No. Mr. Tall-Dark-and Can Get if He Asked," Grace replies and Rosalie chokes on her coffee, stopping to set a hand on the wall as she tries to clear her throat.

"Derek?" She finally asks in confusion, wiping tears from under her eyes. Grace had absolutely no filter when she wanted to, and it was worse when she was drunk. But it was always funny until it had brought Rosalie to tears.

"Is that his name? Whoo, that's my sugar intake wrapped into one man." Grace playfully fanned herself before she looked at Rosalie and raised an eyebrow. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good," she softly exhaled, before Sara, holding her bag in between her hands raises an eyebrow. 

"Didn't you and him used to carpool? What happened to that?"

"Nothing happened. I finally got my own place and my car and moved out."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa? He and you were living together?" Grace questions, a look of disappointment on her face with surprise in her voice.

"Temporarily! We're friends, nothing more. He let me stay with him till I could find a place of my own."

The black SUV stopped on the plane runway, and the latina unbuckled her seatbelt, grabbed her bag from the floor, and got out before the interrogation could continue. She shrugged the strap of her bag on her shoulder, hearing the scuffling of Peter's footsteps behind her, and she looked over her shoulder to glance back at him, turning around to see Derek Morgan standing on the top step of the stairs leading to the jet.

"Rosalie Salvatore," He called fondly, a smile on her face as her features brightened, and she laughed as he jogged down the steps and wrapped his arms around her figure.

"Derek Morgan, good to see you again," she chuckled as he twirled her around, setting her down on her tiptoes before she rocked back onto her heels.

Grace raised her eyebrows, looking at Sara who returned her gaze just as Andrew, James, and Michael stood behind them.

"This must be the man," Andrew said lowly, but it still caused Sara to swat him in the arm. Michael chuckled and James held his hands up in surrender.

"Good to see you too. How's the JTTF treating you?"

"Good. I like it." She told him as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Game this weekend, right?"