36. Make This Right

Start from the beginning

"Uhm.. from where do you want me to start?" I asked nervously.

"The very beginning. From the Gala. Did anything memorable happen then?" Officer Paul asked and I instantly blushed, remembering my whole fight with Dean and how it ended.

So not the right time for this.

"Nothing important." I cleared my throat and Dean chuckled quietly, holding his hand in mine.

"Do you remember anything unusual? Did you feel eyes on you for example or had a feeling that someone had been following you?" Officer Ross asked.

"Of course she did. Everyone's attention was on her last night, because Dean announced that she was his girlfriend." Jake explained.

"Yeah, nothing out of the ordinary happene--" I stopped midsentence.

John.. he technically physically harrassed me.. but I haven't told Dean..

"..in the gala. It was fine, till I left." I continued before clearing my throat.

"Alright then, tell us the whole story since you left the gala till the last detail you remember." Officer Paul urged.

"Okay, I was sleepy so I left with William, the bodyguard, and the driver. When we arrived, there was paparazzi all around the building so William walked me inside. He made sure I got in the apartment safely, before he left." I explained.

"Did you feel anyone watching you then? Like anyone was following you or something?" Officer Ross asked but I shook my head.

"No. I don't remember anything like that. Anyway, I got in then changed and got in bed, however, I couldn't sleep so I kept tossing and turning till I heard a noise outside the apartment. I thought it was Dean struggling with his keys but he said that he wouldn't be back until midnight so I wasn't sure." I explained and felt Dean's grip tighten around my hand.

"Do you remember what was the time?" He asked.

"I don't remember exactly, but it was a little past eleven. Like eleven fifteen or something." I said and he nodded.

"I then got out of bed to check if it was Dean. I thought his key might had stuck or got broken inside the lock or something, so I went to open the door for him but then someone pushed against the door and I panicked. He shoved it again and again, so I took out my phone and called Dean. I asked him where he was and he said he was still in the hotel." I swallowed, then took a deep breath.

"Meanwhile, the man was still trying to break the door but as quietly as possible so it took him a while. I told Dean what was happening and I was freaking out, then the door got open and he came inside. He was surprised when he saw me as if he thought no one was in the house. He cursed and ran at me and before I could tell Dean I lost my sight and everything turned black around me. I guess he hit my head against the table then I fell on the floor and.. that's it." I didn't even realize that I was crying till Dean wiped my tears off my face.

"Sorry." I wiped my face and smiled nervously. Dean stood up, panting, and paced the floor. I saw his knuckles turning white.

"Do you remember who it was?" They asked.

"Yes. It was Matt.. he works in the Management department." I informed.

"His name is Matthew Merlin. He works at our company, as we told you, but he quit this morning." Jake said.

"Alright." They stood up.

"We're going to need to find him as soon as we can and don't worry we will. We'll get that warrant right away." Officer Paul told Dean.

"Thank you for your time, Ms. Stinson. Get well soon." Officer Ross smiled before Jake escorted them to the door while Dean walked over back to me.

"Are you okay, honey?" He held my face gently in his hands. I nodded, resting my hands on top of his.

"I want this to be over soon, Dean. I really do." I whispered, my eyes watering.

"You don't have to be afraid anymore, Emma. I swear to you no one is ever going to touch as long as I'm breathing. I know I've said that before, and I know you might not believe me, but I swear I will keep you safe." His crystal blue eyes promised.

"Of course I believe you, Dean. More than anyone in this whole world. You have never lied to me, or deceived me in any way, and that's what makes me feel already safe with you. Because I know I can trust you to keep my heart safe, and that's what truly matters." I smiled, yet felt him tense beneath my touch. He dragged his eyes away from mine then stood up.

"Fuck." He cursed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm a fucking idiot, that's what. Fuck, I can't believe I have to say this, but we need to talk." He forced out a smile.

"Right now?" I asked.

"Yes. I know you must be worn out, but I can't take it anymore. I have to get it all out. I just have to make this right." He said quietly. My heartbeats became louder as I saw the serious look in his eyes.

Something is wrong.

"You're scaring me." I frowned.

"Let's go upstairs, okay?" He held my hand and led me to my room.

I have a feeling that I don't want to hear what he's about to say...