✦ 🄾🄽🄴 ✦

"Bonjour, mon frere!"

Mario, albeit confused, walked up slowly to french Broque Monsieur, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh hohn hohn! Zis room! It is very confusing! If you get lost and need zee help, Broque Monsieur is at your service."

Mario nodded and gave a nervous smile, his stache lifting upwards. Did Broque jump in the odd dream portal after him? Was that why he was here?

Well, it wasn't like he was trying to attack him or anything, so the least he could do was be polite.

Looking ahead of him, he saw several gates. Holding his hand to his chin, he hummed in thought. 

It must be some sort of puzzle- one gate takes you to another room, and that room has more gates, and so on until you reach the end. Right?

"Perhaps you should try entering one of zee gates, non?" Broque Monsieur said from behind him, making Mario sigh.

Well, here I go.

---

--

-

After exiting out of the last room through a whole lot of guessing and failing, Mario and Luigi came out from the other side.

Mario turned around and tiredly smiled at his brother, and turned back around to trudge forward-

only to realize that Luigi shouldn't be there.

He turned around and did a double take, staring disbelievingly at his 'brother'.

Say, does he look a bit raggeder than usual?

Almost instantly, Broque appeared in a flurry of light behind Mario, making him yell in shock as he swung around.

"BON!" Broque Monsieur yelled, raising his arms up. "I see you have found Luigi, hohn?"

Mario turned around to face 'Luigi', only to see him shying away from Mario. That certainly was an odd sight.

Mario turned around and explained to Broque Monsieur that Luigi couldn't be here, he was napping in the real world.

"Pardon? Luigi is napping in zee real world, so he cannot be here?" Broque confirmed.

In the real world, Luigi shivered and murmured gibberish, Starlow hovering above him, an annoyed expression on their face.

"Oh hohn hohn hohn! Au contraire!" Broque laughed, smiling at Mario. "Not quite! You are just a bit off, mon petit croissant!"

Mario raised an eyebrow at the odd name given to him, but listened nonetheless.

"You see... Zis is Luigi, but not zee real one." Broque explained, as Mario hummed in confusion.