~Chapter 19~

My lunch break began and I walked down the steps that led to the golf course. Troy's break started the same time mine.

"Hey Kenna.", Chad ran up beside me and we fell in step together.

We both looked out onto the golf course and noticed it at the same time. Troy teaching Sharpay how to play golf. I knew he was teaching younger kids, but not Sharpay.

"That girls got more moves than an octopus in a wrestling match.", Taylor had walked up behind Chad and I.

"Naw, he knows how to swim.", Chad said.

"Yeah, Troy can handle himself.", I told them, but mostly myself.

"I did overhear him asking her opinion on his new Italian golf shoes.", Taylor then stated.

I'm starting to kind of worry, "He didn't ask me."

"So wake up sister! She's basically offering him a college application, just to sing with her in the talent show.", Taylor said.

"Troy would never do that.", Chad said, trying to ease my worries. He wasn't helping.

"You got eyes, use them.", she said.

Trying to change the subject and get my mind off of it, I said, "Let's go eat."

I then walked off toward the kitchen, without Troy.

***

I walked out on the basketball court once my shift was over. I figured that's where Troy would be.

Troy was there shooting around when I walked in. He had on his new Redhawks jacket that he got from Sharpay's parents.

"Look at you.", I said, referring to the jacket.

He spun around, showing off the jacket, "Yeah, it was a gift from the guys." He may have got it from the Redhawks team, but it was Sharpay's parents that really got it for him.

Troy passed me the ball and I shot it. It swished and came back to me. I dribbled up to him and gave it back.

He shot a layup then said, "Hey look, I got to go in a minute, but I'll be back in about an hour, I'll pick you up in my new truck and we'll go to a movie. Promise."

Troy passed the ball back to me, "Promise is a really big word Troy."

"Yeah, I know.", I gave him the ball back and he walked up beside me.

"And we've got the staff baseball game after work. Remember you promised that you'd play.", I reminded him. He and I were supposed to be on a team together.

"Right baseball, I will absolutely meet you there.", he shot the ball again.

"You forgot didn't you?", I asked.

"No I just got the date mixed up, and I'm sorry I couldn't make lunch today. It's been wild, you know, I can't believe how things are working out here."

"So I see, Italian golf shoes, new clothes, golf carts. It's crazy stuff, hard to keep track of it all I bet.", I looked down at the ground before looking back into his eyes.

"So whats your point?", he asked.

"It just doesn't seem like new stuff, seems like a new Troy.", I confessed.

Troy starred at me without saying anything. A few seconds later Chad, Zeke, and Jason walked out just as a red van pulled up.

"Let's see if Tiger Woods still has a jump shot.", Chad said, walking up to us.

A guy in the van rolled the window down and yelled at Troy, "Hey Bolton, come on!" The guy was wearing the same jacket as Troy.

"Hey!", Troy waved over.

"Why don't you tell them to come over here and mix it up, we'll show them some game.", Zeke asked, sounding very hopeful. 

"Oh, um, I don't think that's how they roll.", Troy said.

"How they roll?", Chad questioned.

"No, no that's not what I meant. I just think it's a closed practice.", Troy tried to correct himself.

Chad looked at him in shock before saying sarcastically, "Fine, well maybe you could get us a video."

The car started to honk while people from inside yelled, "Come on!"

"But yesterday you said we could play two-on-two before the baseball game.", Zeke said, sounding really disappointed.

"I know, I know man. I'm sorry.", Troy said as he grabbed his bag and started toward the van.

"Come on Zeke, that was so yesterday, you know when we were all on a team!", Chad yelled at him as he jogged away.

Troy fist bumped the guy in the passenger seat before opening the door in the back. "Hey Bolton!", Chad yelled before he got in.

Troy looked back at him. "That's my ball.", Chad said. Troy passed Chad the ball and jumped into the van. We all stood and watched as it drove away.