~Chapter 14~

PART 2

"Remember, young thespians! Learning is never seasonable. Do allow the shimmering lights of summer, be fresh and illuminate your fertile young minds."

"What's she talking?", Troy asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and turned back to the front. Darbus was in the middle of her huge long speech. The only thing standing in the way of me and summer.

Only one more minute until summer officially starts. I'm honestly board out of my mind sitting here and so is everyone else.

"The future greets you with it's magic mirror, reflecting each golden moment, each emboldened choice.", she kept going, seeming like there was no end in sight.

"Dude, Ms. Darbus has snapped her cap!", Troy said to Chad.

"Dude, you're actually listening?", Chad returned.

Jason raised his hand from the back of the class. "Yes, Jason.", she called on him.

"So what was your favorite summer memory?", everyone immediately moaned. 

"Summer's have passed fleetingly since I was your age, but I remember each with poignant clarity.", she answered.

"Summer, summer.", Chad said.

"Summer.", he and Martha said together.

Everyone joined in chanting, "Summer, summer, summer." Only ten more seconds.

"Summer!", I said as the bell rang. Everyone threw the papers on their desks into the air. I jumped up out of my desk and ran to Troy, pulling him out of his own. 

[Chad, All]
What time is it?
Summertime! It's our vacation!
What time is it?
Party time! That's right, say it loud!
What time is it?
Time of our lives! Anticipation!
What time is it?
Summertime! School's out, scream and shout!

Everyone danced around the room, jumping up on off of desks. Sharpay started to walk out and waved at Troy as she did. Troy and I looked between each other and laughed.

[Troy]
Finally, summer's here
Good to be chillin' out
I'm off the clock
The pressure's off
Now my girl is what it's all about

[McKenna]
Ready for some sunshine
For my heart to take a chance
I'm here to stay
No moving away
Ready for a summer romance

We sung between each other before Troy grabbed my hand and we started to walk out of the room with everyone else.

[Troy & McKenna]
Everybody ready, goin' crazy, yeah, we're out
Come on and let me hear you say it now, right now!

We walked out of the room and met up with everyone in the hall.

[Chad, All]
What time is it?
Summertime! It's our vacation!
What time is it?
Party time! That's right, say it loud!
What time is it?
Time of our lives! Anticipation!
What time is it?
Summertime! School's out, scream and shout!

We all ran down the hallway. Chad was sliding on the floor and jumping up on the lockers. I jumped on Troy's back and he carried me out the door with everyone else.

[Sharpay, Ryan, Sharpay & Ryan]
Goodbye to rules, no summer school
I'm free to shop till I drop
It's an education vacation
And the party never has to stop
We've got things to do, I'll see you soon
And we're really gonna miss you all
Goodbye to you and you
And you and you
Bye-bye, until next fall (Bye-bye!)